Steam Community Update goes live today
Today sees the full launch of the large update they have been testing for the Steam Community.
This is the most extensive update to the Steam Community in an long while and it adds a considerable volume of new features designed to help Steam users connect and communicate about their favourite games and share their own content with each other.
Game Hubs have been created to make it much easier to share content and talk about individual games with other fans. Group Updates have been set up to allow community created groups to communicate far more easily.
Users will get My Content Updates, a way to keep all their content in one place and share it with the rest of the Steam community including a wall for all user-created photos and videos. There are expanded Friend Update features allowing players to keep see what their friends are up to and share their achievements with them.
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week
- New Heart Of Thorns expansion announced for Guild Wars 2
- Wikipedia arbitration committee bans five feminist editors from commenting on feminist articles over GamerGate
- Ubisoft in the process of deleting game keys fraudulently-acquired by resellers from UPlay
- Gearbox is now recruiting for developers to work on Borderlands 3
- DayZ passes the 3 million sales mark on Steam Early Access
- Planetside 2 sets a new Guinness World Record for the most players in an online FPS game
- Homeworld remasters look stunning, will be released next month
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network