Steam Community Update goes live today
Today sees the full launch of the large update they have been testing for the Steam Community.
This is the most extensive update to the Steam Community in an long while and it adds a considerable volume of new features designed to help Steam users connect and communicate about their favourite games and share their own content with each other.
Game Hubs have been created to make it much easier to share content and talk about individual games with other fans. Group Updates have been set up to allow community created groups to communicate far more easily.
Users will get My Content Updates, a way to keep all their content in one place and share it with the rest of the Steam community including a wall for all user-created photos and videos. There are expanded Friend Update features allowing players to keep see what their friends are up to and share their achievements with them.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3