Steam Community Update goes live today
Today sees the full launch of the large update they have been testing for the Steam Community.
This is the most extensive update to the Steam Community in an long while and it adds a considerable volume of new features designed to help Steam users connect and communicate about their favourite games and share their own content with each other.
Game Hubs have been created to make it much easier to share content and talk about individual games with other fans. Group Updates have been set up to allow community created groups to communicate far more easily.
Users will get My Content Updates, a way to keep all their content in one place and share it with the rest of the Steam community including a wall for all user-created photos and videos. There are expanded Friend Update features allowing players to keep see what their friends are up to and share their achievements with them.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One