New IP evolves out of Brothers In Arms Furious 4
Gearbox's new Brothers In Arms game Furious 4 is to drop the associations with the Brothers In Arms series when it emerges from cover.
When the new game was announced it drew a lot of comparisons with Quentin Tarantino's Inglorious Basterds for its comic-book approach to violence which also raised a few question marks over the change in direction for the Brothers In Arms series.
Randy Pitchford, CEO at Gearbox has revealed that when they start talking about Furious 4 again it will be as a completely new IP with no mention of the Brothers In Arms series.
Pitchford explained, "Our Pokmon has evolved. It has different powers."
For now though, Gearbox is concentrating their full efforts on Borderlands 2 for now which will be released on September the 21st.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3