Gearbox introducing female playable characters in Aliens: Colonial Marines
Gearbox Software has revealed that there will be female playable characters in Aliens: Colonial Marines.
The Borderlands developer has a bit of a history of taking a rather 'macho' attitude to video games, most recently with the inclusion of the uber-easy Girlfriend mode in Borderlands 2 and the earlier revelation that there would be no female playable characters in Colonial Marines despite the movie series' history of strong female characters, not to mention Duke Nukem.
Boss at Gearbox, Randy Pitchford announced their reversal at PAX Prime this year saying, "We realised some people were starting to feel bad we exist to entertain people. I want everybody to be clear that there are playable females in both the mulitplayer and the campaign."
Aliens: Colonial Marines will be released on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 on February the 12th 2013.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny