Gearbox introducing female playable characters in Aliens: Colonial Marines
Gearbox Software has revealed that there will be female playable characters in Aliens: Colonial Marines.
The Borderlands developer has a bit of a history of taking a rather 'macho' attitude to video games, most recently with the inclusion of the uber-easy Girlfriend mode in Borderlands 2 and the earlier revelation that there would be no female playable characters in Colonial Marines despite the movie series' history of strong female characters, not to mention Duke Nukem.
Boss at Gearbox, Randy Pitchford announced their reversal at PAX Prime this year saying, "We realised some people were starting to feel bad we exist to entertain people. I want everybody to be clear that there are playable females in both the mulitplayer and the campaign."
Aliens: Colonial Marines will be released on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 on February the 12th 2013.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3