Gearbox introducing female playable characters in Aliens: Colonial Marines
Gearbox Software has revealed that there will be female playable characters in Aliens: Colonial Marines.
The Borderlands developer has a bit of a history of taking a rather 'macho' attitude to video games, most recently with the inclusion of the uber-easy Girlfriend mode in Borderlands 2 and the earlier revelation that there would be no female playable characters in Colonial Marines despite the movie series' history of strong female characters, not to mention Duke Nukem.
Boss at Gearbox, Randy Pitchford announced their reversal at PAX Prime this year saying, "We realised some people were starting to feel bad we exist to entertain people. I want everybody to be clear that there are playable females in both the mulitplayer and the campaign."
Aliens: Colonial Marines will be released on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 on February the 12th 2013.
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan