Gearbox introducing female playable characters in Aliens: Colonial Marines
Gearbox Software has revealed that there will be female playable characters in Aliens: Colonial Marines.
The Borderlands developer has a bit of a history of taking a rather 'macho' attitude to video games, most recently with the inclusion of the uber-easy Girlfriend mode in Borderlands 2 and the earlier revelation that there would be no female playable characters in Colonial Marines despite the movie series' history of strong female characters, not to mention Duke Nukem.
Boss at Gearbox, Randy Pitchford announced their reversal at PAX Prime this year saying, "We realised some people were starting to feel bad we exist to entertain people. I want everybody to be clear that there are playable females in both the mulitplayer and the campaign."
Aliens: Colonial Marines will be released on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 on February the 12th 2013.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year