Gearbox introducing female playable characters in Aliens: Colonial Marines
Gearbox Software has revealed that there will be female playable characters in Aliens: Colonial Marines.
The Borderlands developer has a bit of a history of taking a rather 'macho' attitude to video games, most recently with the inclusion of the uber-easy Girlfriend mode in Borderlands 2 and the earlier revelation that there would be no female playable characters in Colonial Marines despite the movie series' history of strong female characters, not to mention Duke Nukem.
Boss at Gearbox, Randy Pitchford announced their reversal at PAX Prime this year saying, "We realised some people were starting to feel bad we exist to entertain people. I want everybody to be clear that there are playable females in both the mulitplayer and the campaign."
Aliens: Colonial Marines will be released on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 on February the 12th 2013.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer