World Tekken Federation free at launch of Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Namco Bandai has revealed that World Tekken Federation, their premium online service for Tekken Tag Tournament 2 will be free at launch.
The World Tekken Federation will offer Tekken Tag Tournament 2 players a social platform to compare stats, create and manage teams with friends, compete in online events and even discuss the delicate intricacies of the latest entry in the Tekken series.
Carlson Choi from Namco Bandai said, "With Tekken Tag Tournament 2, the team is committed to providing an unparalleled fighting game experience and are proving our dedication to this effort by offering World Tekken Federation free of charge to everyone who buys a copy of the game. Bringing together Tekken fans from around the globe in such a robust online community is a first for the fighting game genre and will give veterans and beginners a chance to develop their fighting skills in an exciting new way."
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is out on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on September the 14th and World Tekken Federation will launch alongside it.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3