E3 2004: Doom 3 summer release affirmed
Doom 3 looks set to engage in a titanic clash with Half-Life 2 this summer with publisher Activision affirming this morning that id's latest FPS is on course for a release within the same time-frame as Valve's long-awaited sequel. Not that either game couldn't be delayed further, of course.
This confirmation will come as music to Doom fans ears after the title was demonstrated on the Xbox at Microsoft's pre-show conference, and looked in remarkably fine fetter, unsurprisingly.
"Doom 3 is the most anticipated PC game of the year and fans around the world are eagerly awaiting its release," commented Acti CEO Ron Doonink. "id is delivering the most compelling horror gaming experience to date, so get ready for Doom."
"This summer we're sending game fans on a first-class trip to Mars - with a layover in Hell. Doom 3 is coming to the PC and delivering the most atmospheric, terrifying and visually mind-blowing gaming experience ever conceived," added Todd Hollenshead.
- Don't be fooled by the violins and sunflowers, The Evil Within's TGS trailer is scary
- 2K Games revives the NHL 2K franchise for mobiles
- Sledgehammer bringing a touch of Dead Space's immersive design to Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- 343 on the absence of Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach from the Master Chief Collection: We ran out of disc space
- Latest PS3 update for Minecraft adds save transfer to PS4 support, Vita version still in testing
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 may be coming to the PS Vita
- Destiny gets its first raid today, the Vault Of Glass
- Assassin's Creed: Unity co-op trailer arrives
- Lukewarm Destiny reviews could cost Bungie 2.5 million USD