E3 2004: Doom 3 summer release affirmed
Doom 3 looks set to engage in a titanic clash with Half-Life 2 this summer with publisher Activision affirming this morning that id's latest FPS is on course for a release within the same time-frame as Valve's long-awaited sequel. Not that either game couldn't be delayed further, of course.
This confirmation will come as music to Doom fans ears after the title was demonstrated on the Xbox at Microsoft's pre-show conference, and looked in remarkably fine fetter, unsurprisingly.
"Doom 3 is the most anticipated PC game of the year and fans around the world are eagerly awaiting its release," commented Acti CEO Ron Doonink. "id is delivering the most compelling horror gaming experience to date, so get ready for Doom."
"This summer we're sending game fans on a first-class trip to Mars - with a layover in Hell. Doom 3 is coming to the PC and delivering the most atmospheric, terrifying and visually mind-blowing gaming experience ever conceived," added Todd Hollenshead.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer