Guild Wars 2 arrives today
ArenaNet's long-awaited sequel to their groundbreaking MMO Guild Wars has finally arrived today.
Guild Wars 2 has been five years in the making and brings yet more groundbreaking features to the MMO table on top of its subscription-free model. These include the new dynamic world that changes according to player actions and its new more action-oriented combat mechanics.
Already as many as 400,000 players at one time have been playing Guild Wars 2 through the Headstart scheme which gave early access for pre-purchasers beginning on Saturday the 25th of August.
ArenaNet CEO Mike O'Brien said, "This is the culmination of a five-year journey and to be greeted by this level of enthusiasm by our fans is truly amazing. But really our work is just beginning. Now our focus is shifting to building on this living world weve delivered, continuously refining our game and improving services to ensure our players have the best possible experience."
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes