Guild Wars 2 arrives today
ArenaNet's long-awaited sequel to their groundbreaking MMO Guild Wars has finally arrived today.
Guild Wars 2 has been five years in the making and brings yet more groundbreaking features to the MMO table on top of its subscription-free model. These include the new dynamic world that changes according to player actions and its new more action-oriented combat mechanics.
Already as many as 400,000 players at one time have been playing Guild Wars 2 through the Headstart scheme which gave early access for pre-purchasers beginning on Saturday the 25th of August.
ArenaNet CEO Mike O'Brien said, "This is the culmination of a five-year journey and to be greeted by this level of enthusiasm by our fans is truly amazing. But really our work is just beginning. Now our focus is shifting to building on this living world weve delivered, continuously refining our game and improving services to ensure our players have the best possible experience."
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side