Guild Wars 2 arrives today
ArenaNet's long-awaited sequel to their groundbreaking MMO Guild Wars has finally arrived today.
Guild Wars 2 has been five years in the making and brings yet more groundbreaking features to the MMO table on top of its subscription-free model. These include the new dynamic world that changes according to player actions and its new more action-oriented combat mechanics.
Already as many as 400,000 players at one time have been playing Guild Wars 2 through the Headstart scheme which gave early access for pre-purchasers beginning on Saturday the 25th of August.
ArenaNet CEO Mike O'Brien said, "This is the culmination of a five-year journey and to be greeted by this level of enthusiasm by our fans is truly amazing. But really our work is just beginning. Now our focus is shifting to building on this living world weve delivered, continuously refining our game and improving services to ensure our players have the best possible experience."
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO