Guild Wars 2 arrives today
ArenaNet's long-awaited sequel to their groundbreaking MMO Guild Wars has finally arrived today.
Guild Wars 2 has been five years in the making and brings yet more groundbreaking features to the MMO table on top of its subscription-free model. These include the new dynamic world that changes according to player actions and its new more action-oriented combat mechanics.
Already as many as 400,000 players at one time have been playing Guild Wars 2 through the Headstart scheme which gave early access for pre-purchasers beginning on Saturday the 25th of August.
ArenaNet CEO Mike O'Brien said, "This is the culmination of a five-year journey and to be greeted by this level of enthusiasm by our fans is truly amazing. But really our work is just beginning. Now our focus is shifting to building on this living world weve delivered, continuously refining our game and improving services to ensure our players have the best possible experience."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3