Guild Wars 2 arrives today
ArenaNet's long-awaited sequel to their groundbreaking MMO Guild Wars has finally arrived today.
Guild Wars 2 has been five years in the making and brings yet more groundbreaking features to the MMO table on top of its subscription-free model. These include the new dynamic world that changes according to player actions and its new more action-oriented combat mechanics.
Already as many as 400,000 players at one time have been playing Guild Wars 2 through the Headstart scheme which gave early access for pre-purchasers beginning on Saturday the 25th of August.
ArenaNet CEO Mike O'Brien said, "This is the culmination of a five-year journey and to be greeted by this level of enthusiasm by our fans is truly amazing. But really our work is just beginning. Now our focus is shifting to building on this living world weve delivered, continuously refining our game and improving services to ensure our players have the best possible experience."
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year