First free-to-play game coming to Xbox Live this autumn
Microsoft will finally get on the free-to-play bandwagon this autumn with Happy Wars.
Happy Wars, which is developed by Japanese studio Toylogic, will be available to all Xbox Live Gold subscribers and players will be able to buy character customisation items in the game with real-world currency.
This is not the only free-to-play title heading to Xbox Live. Ascend: New Gods will also be a free-to-play title that is set to offer asynchronous multiplayer gameplay across Xbox Live and Windows Phone.
Meanwhile Sony is embracing free-to-play with a slew of MMOs coming out including DC Universe Online and the ambitious EVE Online tie-in title FPS Dust 514 is currently in closed beta testing.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny