Counter-Strike: Global Offensive hits the ground running today
The next Counter-Strike game has finally come out of beta to see its full release from today.
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive builds upon the success of the original Counter-Strike with a hefty arsenal topping 45 weapons, loads of maps, new game modes, enhanced visuals, leaderboards and 167 Steam Achievements.
Valve's Doug Lombardi said, "Counter-Strike took the gaming industry by surprise when the unlikely MOD became the most played online PC action game in the world almost immediately after its release in August 1999. For the past 12 years, it has continued to be one of the most-played games in the world, headline competitive gaming tournaments and selling over 25 million units worldwide across the franchise. CS: GO promises to expand on CS' award-winning gameplay and deliver it to gamers on the PC as well as the next gen consoles and the Mac."
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is out on PC and Mac via Steam just now with the US PSN release happening tonight and the Xbox Live worldwide release hitting tomorrow.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto