Counter-Strike: Global Offensive hits the ground running today
The next Counter-Strike game has finally come out of beta to see its full release from today.
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive builds upon the success of the original Counter-Strike with a hefty arsenal topping 45 weapons, loads of maps, new game modes, enhanced visuals, leaderboards and 167 Steam Achievements.
Valve's Doug Lombardi said, "Counter-Strike took the gaming industry by surprise when the unlikely MOD became the most played online PC action game in the world almost immediately after its release in August 1999. For the past 12 years, it has continued to be one of the most-played games in the world, headline competitive gaming tournaments and selling over 25 million units worldwide across the franchise. CS: GO promises to expand on CS' award-winning gameplay and deliver it to gamers on the PC as well as the next gen consoles and the Mac."
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is out on PC and Mac via Steam just now with the US PSN release happening tonight and the Xbox Live worldwide release hitting tomorrow.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny