Counter-Strike: Global Offensive hits the ground running today
The next Counter-Strike game has finally come out of beta to see its full release from today.
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive builds upon the success of the original Counter-Strike with a hefty arsenal topping 45 weapons, loads of maps, new game modes, enhanced visuals, leaderboards and 167 Steam Achievements.
Valve's Doug Lombardi said, "Counter-Strike took the gaming industry by surprise when the unlikely MOD became the most played online PC action game in the world almost immediately after its release in August 1999. For the past 12 years, it has continued to be one of the most-played games in the world, headline competitive gaming tournaments and selling over 25 million units worldwide across the franchise. CS: GO promises to expand on CS' award-winning gameplay and deliver it to gamers on the PC as well as the next gen consoles and the Mac."
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is out on PC and Mac via Steam just now with the US PSN release happening tonight and the Xbox Live worldwide release hitting tomorrow.
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light
- Don't Starve gets a release date for the Wii U
- Here's the trailer for the next episode of Telltale's Game Of Thrones
- Bloodborne will see DLC before the end of the year
- CD Projekt RED addresses visual downgrade issues with The Witcher 3
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new trailer featuring the Nine Inch Nails
- This year's Need For Speed is bringing back the narrative
- No Bard's Tale IV on consoles, InXile not ruling it out though