Counter-Strike: Global Offensive hits the ground running today
The next Counter-Strike game has finally come out of beta to see its full release from today.
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive builds upon the success of the original Counter-Strike with a hefty arsenal topping 45 weapons, loads of maps, new game modes, enhanced visuals, leaderboards and 167 Steam Achievements.
Valve's Doug Lombardi said, "Counter-Strike took the gaming industry by surprise when the unlikely MOD became the most played online PC action game in the world almost immediately after its release in August 1999. For the past 12 years, it has continued to be one of the most-played games in the world, headline competitive gaming tournaments and selling over 25 million units worldwide across the franchise. CS: GO promises to expand on CS' award-winning gameplay and deliver it to gamers on the PC as well as the next gen consoles and the Mac."
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is out on PC and Mac via Steam just now with the US PSN release happening tonight and the Xbox Live worldwide release hitting tomorrow.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year