Disney launch Toontown Online
The first family-friendly kids-orientated persistent online world will be launched by Disney Interactive on May 24th, with the arrival of the 3D massively-multiplayer Toontown Online. In the game, players will be represented by custom-designed toon avatars, and will battle to save Toontown from the evil 'Cogs', which were unwittingly unleashed by Scrooge McDuck and are planning to turn Toontown into a grey lifeless metropolis.
Players can take on the Cogs alone or in groups and the following areas will be available to explore: Toontown Central, Donald's Dock, Minnie's Melodyland, Daisy Gardens, Dreamland, and The Brrrgh. Cogs will battle with a variety of 'fearsome' weapons, including tying Toons up in Red Tape, arranging boring meetings for them, or clipping on fake ties.
UK subscriptions start from £6.99 per month and we're told that Toontown Online has already met with rave reviews stateside praising its non-violent fun. Given that the target audience is children, security will also be a priority, with the option available to lock instant messaging, and filter out bad language.
More on this new and unusual debutant as we get it.
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today
- Evolve's first load of DLC arrives today for Xbox One
- Lords Of The Fallen exec producer confirms a sequel is in production
- Pacman takes over Google Maps
- Techland warns of contaminated Antizin hitting Dying Light tomorrow
- Speedrunner beats Bloodborne in just 44 minutes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May