Disney launch Toontown Online
The first family-friendly kids-orientated persistent online world will be launched by Disney Interactive on May 24th, with the arrival of the 3D massively-multiplayer Toontown Online. In the game, players will be represented by custom-designed toon avatars, and will battle to save Toontown from the evil 'Cogs', which were unwittingly unleashed by Scrooge McDuck and are planning to turn Toontown into a grey lifeless metropolis.
Players can take on the Cogs alone or in groups and the following areas will be available to explore: Toontown Central, Donald's Dock, Minnie's Melodyland, Daisy Gardens, Dreamland, and The Brrrgh. Cogs will battle with a variety of 'fearsome' weapons, including tying Toons up in Red Tape, arranging boring meetings for them, or clipping on fake ties.
UK subscriptions start from £6.99 per month and we're told that Toontown Online has already met with rave reviews stateside praising its non-violent fun. Given that the target audience is children, security will also be a priority, with the option available to lock instant messaging, and filter out bad language.
More on this new and unusual debutant as we get it.
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III
- New Final Fantasy XV trailer unveiled, demo coming next year
- Final Fantasy XIII and its spin-offs coming to the PC
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a release date
- Visceral reveals details of Battlefield: Hardline's Hotwire multiplayer mode and a new gameplay video
- Singapore hotlap video arrives for F1 2014