Too early for a PS Vita price cut says Sony
The boss of Sony Computer Entertainment Shuhei Yoshida has emphatically turned down any suggestions that they should cut the price of the PS Vita soon to stimulate sales.
He pointed out that their engineering team is working to find ways to reduce the cost of the PS Vita but they're not quite there yet.
Yoshida began, "People like cheap or free. Of course, cost reduction is one area our engineering team is working on. But we just launched the platform earlier this year. It takes time to do so."
"At a certain point in the future we would like to address the pricing issue for some of the people who are waiting," he continued. "But this year we are trying to add value by creating different types of bundles. We announced we will provide LittleBigPlanet PS Vita bundle pack. That's affordable for people who are looking for a good deal."
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light