Valve launching a beta for the Steam Community Update
Valve has announced a closed beta test phase for the host of new updates that they are bringing to the Steam Community.
The new update will feature Game Hubs to collect game-specific discussion areas and other community content together for all Steam's most popular games. It also allows Group Updates which will make it easier to see who is playing what in player-created groups.
There are also My Content Updates a way to keep track of all content you've created all collected together in one place including and image wall layout allowing the showcasing of your best content. The final major addition will be the Friends Activity which is a new feed which will allow you to view, rate and comment on their activities even with the ability to start a conversation directly from the feed.
The beta begins now with 50,000 users and will grow step by step until the new update goes fully live.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One