Valve launching a beta for the Steam Community Update
Valve has announced a closed beta test phase for the host of new updates that they are bringing to the Steam Community.
The new update will feature Game Hubs to collect game-specific discussion areas and other community content together for all Steam's most popular games. It also allows Group Updates which will make it easier to see who is playing what in player-created groups.
There are also My Content Updates a way to keep track of all content you've created all collected together in one place including and image wall layout allowing the showcasing of your best content. The final major addition will be the Friends Activity which is a new feed which will allow you to view, rate and comment on their activities even with the ability to start a conversation directly from the feed.
The beta begins now with 50,000 users and will grow step by step until the new update goes fully live.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year