Valve launching a beta for the Steam Community Update
Valve has announced a closed beta test phase for the host of new updates that they are bringing to the Steam Community.
The new update will feature Game Hubs to collect game-specific discussion areas and other community content together for all Steam's most popular games. It also allows Group Updates which will make it easier to see who is playing what in player-created groups.
There are also My Content Updates a way to keep track of all content you've created all collected together in one place including and image wall layout allowing the showcasing of your best content. The final major addition will be the Friends Activity which is a new feed which will allow you to view, rate and comment on their activities even with the ability to start a conversation directly from the feed.
The beta begins now with 50,000 users and will grow step by step until the new update goes fully live.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title