SimCity confirmed for Mac release at the same time as on PC
EA has revealed that the upcoming return of SimCity will grace the Mac at the same time as the PC.
The Mac version will be identical to the PC version and will be available to download from Origin as well. It will offer players the chance to build, maintain and grow the most detailed a rich cities yet in the style trademark style and humour that Maxis has stamped on the series since it began in 1989.
Maxis GM, Lucy Bradshaw said, "Whether you owned a Macintosh or a DOS PC, we all have memories of laying down zones and reticulating splines from our youth. To the millions of SimCity fans out there, we've been listening and can proudly say that your calls have been answered. SimCity has a long legacy on the Mac and the team at Maxis is ensuring that it will be the deepest, richest and most accessible SimCity game yet."
SimCity will be released on PC and Mac in February of next year and given their it will probably come in a dual-format version at retail just like Sims 3.
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One
- Indie dev threatens Gabe Newell after a minor error at his game's Steam launch, game gets pulled from Steam