SimCity confirmed for Mac release at the same time as on PC
EA has revealed that the upcoming return of SimCity will grace the Mac at the same time as the PC.
The Mac version will be identical to the PC version and will be available to download from Origin as well. It will offer players the chance to build, maintain and grow the most detailed a rich cities yet in the style trademark style and humour that Maxis has stamped on the series since it began in 1989.
Maxis GM, Lucy Bradshaw said, "Whether you owned a Macintosh or a DOS PC, we all have memories of laying down zones and reticulating splines from our youth. To the millions of SimCity fans out there, we've been listening and can proudly say that your calls have been answered. SimCity has a long legacy on the Mac and the team at Maxis is ensuring that it will be the deepest, richest and most accessible SimCity game yet."
SimCity will be released on PC and Mac in February of next year and given their it will probably come in a dual-format version at retail just like Sims 3.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3