SimCity confirmed for Mac release at the same time as on PC
EA has revealed that the upcoming return of SimCity will grace the Mac at the same time as the PC.
The Mac version will be identical to the PC version and will be available to download from Origin as well. It will offer players the chance to build, maintain and grow the most detailed a rich cities yet in the style trademark style and humour that Maxis has stamped on the series since it began in 1989.
Maxis GM, Lucy Bradshaw said, "Whether you owned a Macintosh or a DOS PC, we all have memories of laying down zones and reticulating splines from our youth. To the millions of SimCity fans out there, we've been listening and can proudly say that your calls have been answered. SimCity has a long legacy on the Mac and the team at Maxis is ensuring that it will be the deepest, richest and most accessible SimCity game yet."
SimCity will be released on PC and Mac in February of next year and given their it will probably come in a dual-format version at retail just like Sims 3.
- Stealth Inc 2 is coming to PC, PlayStation and Xbox
- Frozenbyte announces Trine 3: Artifacts Of Power
- Epic has dropped the subscription fee for the Unreal Engine 4
- Rumour: DirectX 12 could allow mixing and matching of AMD and Nvidia GPUs
- No more online modes for Ridge Racer Unbounded in Europe
- Mortal Kombat X coming to mobiles as a free-to-play card battler
- EA announces details of Battlefield: Hardline Premium
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to hit PS4 and Xbox One in the summer
- Valve and HTC partner up for the new SteamVR device the Vive