Aliens and humans will be able to be allies in XCOM: Enemy Unknown multiplayer
Firaxis has revealed some of the details of their upcoming alien invasion strategy title XCOM: Enemy Unknown.
For the first time in the series players will be able to engage in one-on-one deathmatch battles. As well as facing off human soldiers against alien invaders, human teams will be able to take alien allies.
The multiplayer is impressively flexible offering the chance to play their own custom-kitted teams of up to six units with full ranges of armour, weapons and other gear at their disposal to fight out epic battles against opponents without having to become immersed in the single player campaign.
The game's lead designer Jake Solomon said, "Throughout the history of the XCOM series, players have acted as the worlds last hope against the alien invasion. With the multiplayer mode in XCOM: Enemy Unknown, gamers can finally find out what its like to command alien units and unleash extraterrestrial destruction on Planet Earth or defend it with a squad of XCOM soldiers and alien allies."
XCOM: Enemy Unknown is due out on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC on October the 12th.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer