Aliens and humans will be able to be allies in XCOM: Enemy Unknown multiplayer
Firaxis has revealed some of the details of their upcoming alien invasion strategy title XCOM: Enemy Unknown.
For the first time in the series players will be able to engage in one-on-one deathmatch battles. As well as facing off human soldiers against alien invaders, human teams will be able to take alien allies.
The multiplayer is impressively flexible offering the chance to play their own custom-kitted teams of up to six units with full ranges of armour, weapons and other gear at their disposal to fight out epic battles against opponents without having to become immersed in the single player campaign.
The game's lead designer Jake Solomon said, "Throughout the history of the XCOM series, players have acted as the worlds last hope against the alien invasion. With the multiplayer mode in XCOM: Enemy Unknown, gamers can finally find out what its like to command alien units and unleash extraterrestrial destruction on Planet Earth or defend it with a squad of XCOM soldiers and alien allies."
XCOM: Enemy Unknown is due out on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC on October the 12th.
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update