Aliens and humans will be able to be allies in XCOM: Enemy Unknown multiplayer
Firaxis has revealed some of the details of their upcoming alien invasion strategy title XCOM: Enemy Unknown.
For the first time in the series players will be able to engage in one-on-one deathmatch battles. As well as facing off human soldiers against alien invaders, human teams will be able to take alien allies.
The multiplayer is impressively flexible offering the chance to play their own custom-kitted teams of up to six units with full ranges of armour, weapons and other gear at their disposal to fight out epic battles against opponents without having to become immersed in the single player campaign.
The game's lead designer Jake Solomon said, "Throughout the history of the XCOM series, players have acted as the worlds last hope against the alien invasion. With the multiplayer mode in XCOM: Enemy Unknown, gamers can finally find out what its like to command alien units and unleash extraterrestrial destruction on Planet Earth or defend it with a squad of XCOM soldiers and alien allies."
XCOM: Enemy Unknown is due out on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC on October the 12th.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto