Aliens and humans will be able to be allies in XCOM: Enemy Unknown multiplayer
Firaxis has revealed some of the details of their upcoming alien invasion strategy title XCOM: Enemy Unknown.
For the first time in the series players will be able to engage in one-on-one deathmatch battles. As well as facing off human soldiers against alien invaders, human teams will be able to take alien allies.
The multiplayer is impressively flexible offering the chance to play their own custom-kitted teams of up to six units with full ranges of armour, weapons and other gear at their disposal to fight out epic battles against opponents without having to become immersed in the single player campaign.
The game's lead designer Jake Solomon said, "Throughout the history of the XCOM series, players have acted as the worlds last hope against the alien invasion. With the multiplayer mode in XCOM: Enemy Unknown, gamers can finally find out what its like to command alien units and unleash extraterrestrial destruction on Planet Earth or defend it with a squad of XCOM soldiers and alien allies."
XCOM: Enemy Unknown is due out on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC on October the 12th.
- Shadow Realms lead writer talks the inspiration behind the game's story
- PlayStation Allstars and Joe Danger headline September's PS Plus Instant Game Collection
- Titanfall will ge more cool free stuff after the last DLC but Respawn won't support it indefinitely
- Gauntlet release date pushed back
- Yakuza Zero announced for PS4 and PS3
- Escape Dead Island gets a release date, comes with guaranteed access to the Dead Island 2 beta
- Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls PC patch 2.1.0 arrives
- Next-gen and PC GTA V versions rumoured to be delayed into 2015
- The PS4 is just a bit more powerful says Metro Redux developer, short documentary on the collection arrives