Aliens and humans will be able to be allies in XCOM: Enemy Unknown multiplayer
Firaxis has revealed some of the details of their upcoming alien invasion strategy title XCOM: Enemy Unknown.
For the first time in the series players will be able to engage in one-on-one deathmatch battles. As well as facing off human soldiers against alien invaders, human teams will be able to take alien allies.
The multiplayer is impressively flexible offering the chance to play their own custom-kitted teams of up to six units with full ranges of armour, weapons and other gear at their disposal to fight out epic battles against opponents without having to become immersed in the single player campaign.
The game's lead designer Jake Solomon said, "Throughout the history of the XCOM series, players have acted as the worlds last hope against the alien invasion. With the multiplayer mode in XCOM: Enemy Unknown, gamers can finally find out what its like to command alien units and unleash extraterrestrial destruction on Planet Earth or defend it with a squad of XCOM soldiers and alien allies."
XCOM: Enemy Unknown is due out on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC on October the 12th.
- Stealth Inc 2 is coming to PC, PlayStation and Xbox
- Frozenbyte announces Trine 3: Artifacts Of Power
- Epic has dropped the subscription fee for the Unreal Engine 4
- Rumour: DirectX 12 could allow mixing and matching of AMD and Nvidia GPUs
- No more online modes for Ridge Racer Unbounded in Europe
- Mortal Kombat X coming to mobiles as a free-to-play card battler
- EA announces details of Battlefield: Hardline Premium
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to hit PS4 and Xbox One in the summer
- Valve and HTC partner up for the new SteamVR device the Vive