EA Sports promises big things from Madden 13
With the imminent release of Madden 13 EA Sports has promised that this year's release will be more innovative than ever before.
The head of EA Sports, Andrew Wilson admitted that compared with FIFA, NHL and Fight Night, the Madden series hadn't brought as much innovation but all that will change with Madden 13.
He confessed, "I do believe that Madden did not have the level of innovation that some of our other franchises have had. I think they were still doing great things, they were great playing games and they were significantly more than roster updates. I look at the budget, time and hours going into making those games. I look at the team this year and they made a concerted effort to put Madden right up there with FIFA, NHL and Fight Night Champion. They want to leave no doubt with fans that this is the most amazing Madden ever built. Based on what I've seen from the reaction I'm seeing from press, I think they've come very, very close to sealing that. Certainly by the time we launch, when we finish with the polish and all that, we'll have delivered."
"What I can say is that the core gameplay team is 50 percent bigger this year than it was last year," Wilson continued. "So as one touch point, and there is a lot of investment that goes outside of core gameplay when you think about connected-careers, everything about online seasons and cross-platform play, but the piece that changes how you play the game, that 11-on-11 twitch football, is a 50 percent bigger team. That's a big increase."
Madden 13 will be released on August 28th.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year