EA Sports promises big things from Madden 13
With the imminent release of Madden 13 EA Sports has promised that this year's release will be more innovative than ever before.
The head of EA Sports, Andrew Wilson admitted that compared with FIFA, NHL and Fight Night, the Madden series hadn't brought as much innovation but all that will change with Madden 13.
He confessed, "I do believe that Madden did not have the level of innovation that some of our other franchises have had. I think they were still doing great things, they were great playing games and they were significantly more than roster updates. I look at the budget, time and hours going into making those games. I look at the team this year and they made a concerted effort to put Madden right up there with FIFA, NHL and Fight Night Champion. They want to leave no doubt with fans that this is the most amazing Madden ever built. Based on what I've seen from the reaction I'm seeing from press, I think they've come very, very close to sealing that. Certainly by the time we launch, when we finish with the polish and all that, we'll have delivered."
"What I can say is that the core gameplay team is 50 percent bigger this year than it was last year," Wilson continued. "So as one touch point, and there is a lot of investment that goes outside of core gameplay when you think about connected-careers, everything about online seasons and cross-platform play, but the piece that changes how you play the game, that 11-on-11 twitch football, is a 50 percent bigger team. That's a big increase."
Madden 13 will be released on August 28th.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3