EA Sports promises big things from Madden 13
With the imminent release of Madden 13 EA Sports has promised that this year's release will be more innovative than ever before.
The head of EA Sports, Andrew Wilson admitted that compared with FIFA, NHL and Fight Night, the Madden series hadn't brought as much innovation but all that will change with Madden 13.
He confessed, "I do believe that Madden did not have the level of innovation that some of our other franchises have had. I think they were still doing great things, they were great playing games and they were significantly more than roster updates. I look at the budget, time and hours going into making those games. I look at the team this year and they made a concerted effort to put Madden right up there with FIFA, NHL and Fight Night Champion. They want to leave no doubt with fans that this is the most amazing Madden ever built. Based on what I've seen from the reaction I'm seeing from press, I think they've come very, very close to sealing that. Certainly by the time we launch, when we finish with the polish and all that, we'll have delivered."
"What I can say is that the core gameplay team is 50 percent bigger this year than it was last year," Wilson continued. "So as one touch point, and there is a lot of investment that goes outside of core gameplay when you think about connected-careers, everything about online seasons and cross-platform play, but the piece that changes how you play the game, that 11-on-11 twitch football, is a 50 percent bigger team. That's a big increase."
Madden 13 will be released on August 28th.
- Destiny's Vault of Glass Raid coming next week
- Evolution boasts load times under 10 seconds and a 17GB install for Driveclub
- Frontier announces the final release pricing for Elite: Dangerous
- Footage appears of a cancelled Kinect-powered Gears Of War RTS
- Sony closing PSN access for European PSP users next week
- Hotline Miami themed DLC coming to Payday 2
- Sony: The PS Vita is “remarkably resilient”
- Football Manager documentary headed to Vue Cinemas next month
- Curious about the how combat works in Frozen Synapse Prime? The latest video explains all