EA Sports promises big things from Madden 13
With the imminent release of Madden 13 EA Sports has promised that this year's release will be more innovative than ever before.
The head of EA Sports, Andrew Wilson admitted that compared with FIFA, NHL and Fight Night, the Madden series hadn't brought as much innovation but all that will change with Madden 13.
He confessed, "I do believe that Madden did not have the level of innovation that some of our other franchises have had. I think they were still doing great things, they were great playing games and they were significantly more than roster updates. I look at the budget, time and hours going into making those games. I look at the team this year and they made a concerted effort to put Madden right up there with FIFA, NHL and Fight Night Champion. They want to leave no doubt with fans that this is the most amazing Madden ever built. Based on what I've seen from the reaction I'm seeing from press, I think they've come very, very close to sealing that. Certainly by the time we launch, when we finish with the polish and all that, we'll have delivered."
"What I can say is that the core gameplay team is 50 percent bigger this year than it was last year," Wilson continued. "So as one touch point, and there is a lot of investment that goes outside of core gameplay when you think about connected-careers, everything about online seasons and cross-platform play, but the piece that changes how you play the game, that 11-on-11 twitch football, is a 50 percent bigger team. That's a big increase."
Madden 13 will be released on August 28th.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer