Microsoft 'clarifies' the new Xbox comments
Microsoft has moved very quickly to clarify the comments referring to "the new Xbox" made in a recent interview by GM Brian Hall.
The software giant are adamant that the comments referred to the new updates for the Xbox 360 dashboard which include Internet Explorer and SmartGlass.
A Microsoft statement read, "The comments to The Verge were not understood in their intended context. When Brian mentioned a 'new wave of products,' he was referring to the full lineup of products coming later this year from Microsoft, including Windows 8, Office, Windows Phone and of course our fall Xbox update which will bring a host of new consumer experiences like Xbox Music, Videos, Games on Windows 8 and Xbox SmartGlass."
This still doesn't pour cold water on the rumours widely circulating that they have a new Xbox console in development especially with a supposedly genuine next-gen Xbox devkit appearing.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Sleeping Dogs follow-up Triad Wars is a PC-only online title
- Latest Destiny patch dials back the difficulty levels in some missions
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare co-op reveal dated for tomorrow
- Blizzard finally cans Titan
- The Xbox One is now cheaper than the PS4 in the UK
- Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies open beta is live now
- Ultima creator's new game Shroud Of The Avatar gets Greenlit on Steam in just 2 days
- Arrowhead's Gauntlet reboot arrives on PC
- We are now a Steam Curator