Microsoft 'clarifies' the new Xbox comments
Microsoft has moved very quickly to clarify the comments referring to "the new Xbox" made in a recent interview by GM Brian Hall.
The software giant are adamant that the comments referred to the new updates for the Xbox 360 dashboard which include Internet Explorer and SmartGlass.
A Microsoft statement read, "The comments to The Verge were not understood in their intended context. When Brian mentioned a 'new wave of products,' he was referring to the full lineup of products coming later this year from Microsoft, including Windows 8, Office, Windows Phone and of course our fall Xbox update which will bring a host of new consumer experiences like Xbox Music, Videos, Games on Windows 8 and Xbox SmartGlass."
This still doesn't pour cold water on the rumours widely circulating that they have a new Xbox console in development especially with a supposedly genuine next-gen Xbox devkit appearing.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch