Microsoft 'clarifies' the new Xbox comments
Microsoft has moved very quickly to clarify the comments referring to "the new Xbox" made in a recent interview by GM Brian Hall.
The software giant are adamant that the comments referred to the new updates for the Xbox 360 dashboard which include Internet Explorer and SmartGlass.
A Microsoft statement read, "The comments to The Verge were not understood in their intended context. When Brian mentioned a 'new wave of products,' he was referring to the full lineup of products coming later this year from Microsoft, including Windows 8, Office, Windows Phone and of course our fall Xbox update which will bring a host of new consumer experiences like Xbox Music, Videos, Games on Windows 8 and Xbox SmartGlass."
This still doesn't pour cold water on the rumours widely circulating that they have a new Xbox console in development especially with a supposedly genuine next-gen Xbox devkit appearing.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto