Microsoft 'clarifies' the new Xbox comments
Microsoft has moved very quickly to clarify the comments referring to "the new Xbox" made in a recent interview by GM Brian Hall.
The software giant are adamant that the comments referred to the new updates for the Xbox 360 dashboard which include Internet Explorer and SmartGlass.
A Microsoft statement read, "The comments to The Verge were not understood in their intended context. When Brian mentioned a 'new wave of products,' he was referring to the full lineup of products coming later this year from Microsoft, including Windows 8, Office, Windows Phone and of course our fall Xbox update which will bring a host of new consumer experiences like Xbox Music, Videos, Games on Windows 8 and Xbox SmartGlass."
This still doesn't pour cold water on the rumours widely circulating that they have a new Xbox console in development especially with a supposedly genuine next-gen Xbox devkit appearing.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title