Microsoft 'clarifies' the new Xbox comments
Microsoft has moved very quickly to clarify the comments referring to "the new Xbox" made in a recent interview by GM Brian Hall.
The software giant are adamant that the comments referred to the new updates for the Xbox 360 dashboard which include Internet Explorer and SmartGlass.
A Microsoft statement read, "The comments to The Verge were not understood in their intended context. When Brian mentioned a 'new wave of products,' he was referring to the full lineup of products coming later this year from Microsoft, including Windows 8, Office, Windows Phone and of course our fall Xbox update which will bring a host of new consumer experiences like Xbox Music, Videos, Games on Windows 8 and Xbox SmartGlass."
This still doesn't pour cold water on the rumours widely circulating that they have a new Xbox console in development especially with a supposedly genuine next-gen Xbox devkit appearing.
Thanks Develop Online.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light