Steam to expand beyond games
Valve has announced that they will be releasing more than just games on Steam from next month.
They will be publishing a selection of creativity and productivity packages over Steam complete with full Steamworks functionality including auto-updating and saving to the Steam Cloud.
Valve's Mark Richardson said, "The 40 million gamers frequenting Steam are interested in more than playing games. They have told us they would like to have more of their software on Steam, so this expansion is in response to those customer requests."
Packages will begin arriving on Steam from September the 5th with developers given the opportunity to bring their software to Steam via Greenlight.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year