Steam to expand beyond games
Valve has announced that they will be releasing more than just games on Steam from next month.
They will be publishing a selection of creativity and productivity packages over Steam complete with full Steamworks functionality including auto-updating and saving to the Steam Cloud.
Valve's Mark Richardson said, "The 40 million gamers frequenting Steam are interested in more than playing games. They have told us they would like to have more of their software on Steam, so this expansion is in response to those customer requests."
Packages will begin arriving on Steam from September the 5th with developers given the opportunity to bring their software to Steam via Greenlight.
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today