Steam to expand beyond games
Valve has announced that they will be releasing more than just games on Steam from next month.
They will be publishing a selection of creativity and productivity packages over Steam complete with full Steamworks functionality including auto-updating and saving to the Steam Cloud.
Valve's Mark Richardson said, "The 40 million gamers frequenting Steam are interested in more than playing games. They have told us they would like to have more of their software on Steam, so this expansion is in response to those customer requests."
Packages will begin arriving on Steam from September the 5th with developers given the opportunity to bring their software to Steam via Greenlight.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey