Steam to expand beyond games
Valve has announced that they will be releasing more than just games on Steam from next month.
They will be publishing a selection of creativity and productivity packages over Steam complete with full Steamworks functionality including auto-updating and saving to the Steam Cloud.
Valve's Mark Richardson said, "The 40 million gamers frequenting Steam are interested in more than playing games. They have told us they would like to have more of their software on Steam, so this expansion is in response to those customer requests."
Packages will begin arriving on Steam from September the 5th with developers given the opportunity to bring their software to Steam via Greenlight.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny