Microsoft exec makes first mention of "The New Xbox"
They've gone and done it and made their first mention of their new home console.
In an interview about Windows 8, Microsoft general manager Brian Hall mentioned the new Xbox briefly alongside some new planned advances to come with their new OS.
Hall said, "We've operated Hotmail for about 16 years, we obviously have Exchange and Outlook that people use at work, and we just decided it was time to do something new and bring the best from each of those and put them together and release it right in time for the new wave of products that we have coming out with Windows 8, with the new version of Office, with the New Windows Phone and the new Xbox."
Of course, this is a fairly vague reference and instead of a brand new piece of console hardware it could merely be a reference to the new SmartGlass and IE updates coming to the 360 dashboard.
Thanks The Verge.
- PlayStation Home to close next year
- New The Evil Within video offers up a survival lesson
- Shadow Of Mordor Season Pass trailer arrives teasing the game's DLC
- Excited about No Man's Sky? Now you can help make it
- Creative Assembly has something cool to reveal after Alien: Isolation is out the door
- Defiance gets renewed by SyFy for a third season
- Deadly Premonition creator's new game D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die not doing so well
- Ion Storm had begun planning Deus Ex 3 when they closed back in 2006
- Bungie closes Destiny's Loot Cave exploit