Microsoft exec makes first mention of "The New Xbox"
They've gone and done it and made their first mention of their new home console.
In an interview about Windows 8, Microsoft general manager Brian Hall mentioned the new Xbox briefly alongside some new planned advances to come with their new OS.
Hall said, "We've operated Hotmail for about 16 years, we obviously have Exchange and Outlook that people use at work, and we just decided it was time to do something new and bring the best from each of those and put them together and release it right in time for the new wave of products that we have coming out with Windows 8, with the new version of Office, with the New Windows Phone and the new Xbox."
Of course, this is a fairly vague reference and instead of a brand new piece of console hardware it could merely be a reference to the new SmartGlass and IE updates coming to the 360 dashboard.
Thanks The Verge.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3