Microsoft exec makes first mention of "The New Xbox"
They've gone and done it and made their first mention of their new home console.
In an interview about Windows 8, Microsoft general manager Brian Hall mentioned the new Xbox briefly alongside some new planned advances to come with their new OS.
Hall said, "We've operated Hotmail for about 16 years, we obviously have Exchange and Outlook that people use at work, and we just decided it was time to do something new and bring the best from each of those and put them together and release it right in time for the new wave of products that we have coming out with Windows 8, with the new version of Office, with the New Windows Phone and the new Xbox."
Of course, this is a fairly vague reference and instead of a brand new piece of console hardware it could merely be a reference to the new SmartGlass and IE updates coming to the 360 dashboard.
Thanks The Verge.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny