Microsoft exec makes first mention of "The New Xbox"
They've gone and done it and made their first mention of their new home console.
In an interview about Windows 8, Microsoft general manager Brian Hall mentioned the new Xbox briefly alongside some new planned advances to come with their new OS.
Hall said, "We've operated Hotmail for about 16 years, we obviously have Exchange and Outlook that people use at work, and we just decided it was time to do something new and bring the best from each of those and put them together and release it right in time for the new wave of products that we have coming out with Windows 8, with the new version of Office, with the New Windows Phone and the new Xbox."
Of course, this is a fairly vague reference and instead of a brand new piece of console hardware it could merely be a reference to the new SmartGlass and IE updates coming to the 360 dashboard.
Thanks The Verge.
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today
- Over 2000 developers sign an open letter calling for the community to take a stand against harassment
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date