Rome II: Total War aiming to create that Saving Private Ryan moment
Creative Assembly has revealed some of their intentions for Rome II: Total War.
Their plan is to bring a bit more of a sense of drama to the battles in the game including the merging of naval and land battles together for the first time in the series.
"We've got naval battle and land battles interacting for the first time," revealed Creative Assembly's Rob Bartholomew, "so you can throw ships up beaches and have people 'Saving Private Ryan-ing' it up the beach. When I say Saving Private Ryan, that's a phrase we're using around the office a lot because we're trying to inject that real feeling of horrific warfare so that the loss of your troops is going to affect you more deeply this time around."
He continued, "We're putting more personality into the troops that you'll send marching off across the battlefield by using facial motion capture and giving more resources to animation. We want to create that level of human strife, drama and character on a very macro-scale amongst these gigantic battles at the same time."
Rome II: Total War is due to be released on PC some time in 2013.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light