Minecraft creator joins the ranks voicing concerns over Windows 8
Markus 'Notch' Persson, creator of Minecraft has been expressing concerns over the effects that Windos 8 could have on PC gaming.
Notch joins Valve's Gabe Newell and Blizzard's Rob Pardo in voicing genuine concern over Windows 8 posing a serious risk to the openness of the PC as a gaming platform.
Persson stressed, "If Microsoft decides to lock down Windows 8, it would be very, very bad for Indie games and competition in general. If we can keep open platforms around, there's going to be a lot of very interesting games in ten years, mixed in with the huge AAA games that we all love."
Windows 8 arrives on October the 26th of this year and while Microsoft has not given any great details in their new OS it is widely believed that the new OS has shifted far closer to the closedness seen in Xbox Live than any previous version of Windows.
- The Behemoth teases their fourth game, it will be playable at PAX Prime
- Sins Of A Solar Empire devs Ironclad successfully defends their use word Rebellion in one of their game titles
- Just Cause devs Avalanche have some surprises planned for 2015
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham gets a new Braniac trailer
- Sledgehammer boss confirms no Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Wii U
- Xbox One getting a Reddit app
- Konami releases a hat-trick of new screens for PES 2015
- 500GB hard drive coming for the Xbox 360 soon
- Watch the standard edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt unboxed in 18 seconds flat