Minecraft creator joins the ranks voicing concerns over Windows 8
Markus 'Notch' Persson, creator of Minecraft has been expressing concerns over the effects that Windos 8 could have on PC gaming.
Notch joins Valve's Gabe Newell and Blizzard's Rob Pardo in voicing genuine concern over Windows 8 posing a serious risk to the openness of the PC as a gaming platform.
Persson stressed, "If Microsoft decides to lock down Windows 8, it would be very, very bad for Indie games and competition in general. If we can keep open platforms around, there's going to be a lot of very interesting games in ten years, mixed in with the huge AAA games that we all love."
Windows 8 arrives on October the 26th of this year and while Microsoft has not given any great details in their new OS it is widely believed that the new OS has shifted far closer to the closedness seen in Xbox Live than any previous version of Windows.
- Watch Bungie play Destiny's new Prison Of Elders mode live here tomorrow
- Fan remake of Half-Life, Black Mesa arrives on Steam Early Access
- Microsoft's acquisition of Minecraft devs Mojang was motivated by Hololens
- id Software wanted to pay modders for their work back in 1995 says John Romero
- Jason Voorhees arrives as DLC for Mortal Kombat X and he's all about the machete
- Project CARS finally pulls up to the starting grid
- Shadow Of Mordor: Game Of The Year Edition hits retail this week
- Wolfenstein: The Old Blood arrives today
- Bungie and CCP run their own campaigns to aid the earthquake survivors of Nepal