Minecraft creator joins the ranks voicing concerns over Windows 8
Markus 'Notch' Persson, creator of Minecraft has been expressing concerns over the effects that Windos 8 could have on PC gaming.
Notch joins Valve's Gabe Newell and Blizzard's Rob Pardo in voicing genuine concern over Windows 8 posing a serious risk to the openness of the PC as a gaming platform.
Persson stressed, "If Microsoft decides to lock down Windows 8, it would be very, very bad for Indie games and competition in general. If we can keep open platforms around, there's going to be a lot of very interesting games in ten years, mixed in with the huge AAA games that we all love."
Windows 8 arrives on October the 26th of this year and while Microsoft has not given any great details in their new OS it is widely believed that the new OS has shifted far closer to the closedness seen in Xbox Live than any previous version of Windows.
- Team Junkfish's procedural survival horror Monstrum to return to Steam Early Access
- Miyamoto: Next Mario game might not arrive until Nintendo releases a new console
- Final Fantasy trailer drop continues with a new look at Final Fantasy XV
- New Final Fantasy Type-0 HD trailer drops
- Activision gives a first look at the new Exo Zombies mode for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- Rockstar announces a Christmas bumper bonanza for GTA Online
- Hazelight to use the Unreal Engine 4 for their first game
- 343 Industries to offer Halo: ODST remastered campaign to apologise for Halo: The Master Chief Collection multiplayer problems
- Court rules that lawsuit against Sony over Killzone: Shadow Fall's 1080p claims