Minecraft creator joins the ranks voicing concerns over Windows 8
Markus 'Notch' Persson, creator of Minecraft has been expressing concerns over the effects that Windos 8 could have on PC gaming.
Notch joins Valve's Gabe Newell and Blizzard's Rob Pardo in voicing genuine concern over Windows 8 posing a serious risk to the openness of the PC as a gaming platform.
Persson stressed, "If Microsoft decides to lock down Windows 8, it would be very, very bad for Indie games and competition in general. If we can keep open platforms around, there's going to be a lot of very interesting games in ten years, mixed in with the huge AAA games that we all love."
Windows 8 arrives on October the 26th of this year and while Microsoft has not given any great details in their new OS it is widely believed that the new OS has shifted far closer to the closedness seen in Xbox Live than any previous version of Windows.
- Left 4 Dead 2 finally gets an uncensored release in Australia
- Starting Destiny from a “blank canvas” was liberating says Bungie
- Driveclub PS Plus Edition will be an added extra for PS Plus subscribers in October
- Chris Roberts: Star Citizen does have potential on next-gen consoles
- Rockstar explains the delay to the PC version of GTA V
- The plan is to bring PSOne, PS2 and PS4 games to PS Now in the future says Sony
- Major Nelson reveals three new Xbox 360 hardware bundles coming this week
- Markus 'Notch' Persson: “I didn’t have the connection to my fans I thought I had”
- Microsoft purchases Minecraft devs Mojang for 2.5 billion USD, Markus Persson and other founders to leave