Beyond: Two Souls meant to challenge minds not thumbs
David Cage has been talking about their plans for their new PlayStation 3 title Beyond: Two Souls.
The Quantic Dream boss has made the bold claim that with Beyond he is not aiming to give players fun but to take them on an emotional journey instead.
"My goal is to surprise people, to give them something they want without knowing they want it. I want to create an emotional journey, a unique experience," explained the ambitious Frenchman. "I am not interested in giving them 'fun', I want to give them meaning; I don't want to challenge their thumbs, I want to challenge their minds."
He added, "Maybe this is irrelevant or just overly ambitious. Maybe this is not what most people out there actually want. But this is the goal I set myself with Beyond to create something different."
Thanks Edge Online.
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching