Beyond: Two Souls meant to challenge minds not thumbs
David Cage has been talking about their plans for their new PlayStation 3 title Beyond: Two Souls.
The Quantic Dream boss has made the bold claim that with Beyond he is not aiming to give players fun but to take them on an emotional journey instead.
"My goal is to surprise people, to give them something they want without knowing they want it. I want to create an emotional journey, a unique experience," explained the ambitious Frenchman. "I am not interested in giving them 'fun', I want to give them meaning; I don't want to challenge their thumbs, I want to challenge their minds."
He added, "Maybe this is irrelevant or just overly ambitious. Maybe this is not what most people out there actually want. But this is the goal I set myself with Beyond to create something different."
Thanks Edge Online.
- EA closes Maxis Emeryville
- Pillars Of Eternity is going to be massive
- Frontier is bringing Elite: Dangerous to the Xbox One this year
- Xbox One snags Wasteland 2
- Valve settles on a final design for the Steam Controller
- Elite creator David Braben to be honoured with this year's BAFTA Fellowship
- The date's out but Konami reveals the Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- New Steam Link hardware unveiled by Valve, Steam Controllers dated
- Valve announces the Source 2 engine