Beyond: Two Souls meant to challenge minds not thumbs
David Cage has been talking about their plans for their new PlayStation 3 title Beyond: Two Souls.
The Quantic Dream boss has made the bold claim that with Beyond he is not aiming to give players fun but to take them on an emotional journey instead.
"My goal is to surprise people, to give them something they want without knowing they want it. I want to create an emotional journey, a unique experience," explained the ambitious Frenchman. "I am not interested in giving them 'fun', I want to give them meaning; I don't want to challenge their thumbs, I want to challenge their minds."
He added, "Maybe this is irrelevant or just overly ambitious. Maybe this is not what most people out there actually want. But this is the goal I set myself with Beyond to create something different."
Thanks Edge Online.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto