Beyond: Two Souls meant to challenge minds not thumbs
David Cage has been talking about their plans for their new PlayStation 3 title Beyond: Two Souls.
The Quantic Dream boss has made the bold claim that with Beyond he is not aiming to give players fun but to take them on an emotional journey instead.
"My goal is to surprise people, to give them something they want without knowing they want it. I want to create an emotional journey, a unique experience," explained the ambitious Frenchman. "I am not interested in giving them 'fun', I want to give them meaning; I don't want to challenge their thumbs, I want to challenge their minds."
He added, "Maybe this is irrelevant or just overly ambitious. Maybe this is not what most people out there actually want. But this is the goal I set myself with Beyond to create something different."
Thanks Edge Online.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year