Beyond: Two Souls meant to challenge minds not thumbs
David Cage has been talking about their plans for their new PlayStation 3 title Beyond: Two Souls.
The Quantic Dream boss has made the bold claim that with Beyond he is not aiming to give players fun but to take them on an emotional journey instead.
"My goal is to surprise people, to give them something they want without knowing they want it. I want to create an emotional journey, a unique experience," explained the ambitious Frenchman. "I am not interested in giving them 'fun', I want to give them meaning; I don't want to challenge their thumbs, I want to challenge their minds."
He added, "Maybe this is irrelevant or just overly ambitious. Maybe this is not what most people out there actually want. But this is the goal I set myself with Beyond to create something different."
Thanks Edge Online.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III