E3 will remain in Los Angeles for the near future
Rumours have been abound that E3 would leave Los Angeles after this year but the ESA has squashed them all with the announcement of a new deal.
The new deal between event organisers the Entertainment Software Association and the Los Angeles Convention Centre owners AEG will see E3 continue to use the venue as its home for the next three years working around plans that AEG have for extensively redevloping the centre.
ESA boss Michael Gallagher said, "We are proud to partner with Los Angeles for another three years. The City serves as a strong backdrop for the video game industrys biggest announcements and we look forward to remaining in LA. Video games are a dominant force in the global entertainment marketplace and there is no better place to display that than Los Angeles. We look forward to continuing our relationship with the City and AEG."
He continued, "ESA supports AEG's mission and vision for downtown Los Angeles and the areas surrounding the Los Angeles Convention Center. We appreciate AEG's willingness to work in partnership with our organisation to not only create a construction schedule to accommodate the needs of our guests but also their commitment to incorporate many of our suggestions into the design of the new venues. These resulting upgrades to the facility will truly benefit all conventions and further establish Los Angeles as industry leaders. We are glad we could come to an agreement that keeps E3 in its traditional home."
Next year's E3 is scheduled to take place between June the 11th and June the 13th.
Thanks Develop Online.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light