E3 will remain in Los Angeles for the near future
Rumours have been abound that E3 would leave Los Angeles after this year but the ESA has squashed them all with the announcement of a new deal.
The new deal between event organisers the Entertainment Software Association and the Los Angeles Convention Centre owners AEG will see E3 continue to use the venue as its home for the next three years working around plans that AEG have for extensively redevloping the centre.
ESA boss Michael Gallagher said, "We are proud to partner with Los Angeles for another three years. The City serves as a strong backdrop for the video game industrys biggest announcements and we look forward to remaining in LA. Video games are a dominant force in the global entertainment marketplace and there is no better place to display that than Los Angeles. We look forward to continuing our relationship with the City and AEG."
He continued, "ESA supports AEG's mission and vision for downtown Los Angeles and the areas surrounding the Los Angeles Convention Center. We appreciate AEG's willingness to work in partnership with our organisation to not only create a construction schedule to accommodate the needs of our guests but also their commitment to incorporate many of our suggestions into the design of the new venues. These resulting upgrades to the facility will truly benefit all conventions and further establish Los Angeles as industry leaders. We are glad we could come to an agreement that keeps E3 in its traditional home."
Next year's E3 is scheduled to take place between June the 11th and June the 13th.
Thanks Develop Online.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey