E3 will remain in Los Angeles for the near future
Rumours have been abound that E3 would leave Los Angeles after this year but the ESA has squashed them all with the announcement of a new deal.
The new deal between event organisers the Entertainment Software Association and the Los Angeles Convention Centre owners AEG will see E3 continue to use the venue as its home for the next three years working around plans that AEG have for extensively redevloping the centre.
ESA boss Michael Gallagher said, "We are proud to partner with Los Angeles for another three years. The City serves as a strong backdrop for the video game industrys biggest announcements and we look forward to remaining in LA. Video games are a dominant force in the global entertainment marketplace and there is no better place to display that than Los Angeles. We look forward to continuing our relationship with the City and AEG."
He continued, "ESA supports AEG's mission and vision for downtown Los Angeles and the areas surrounding the Los Angeles Convention Center. We appreciate AEG's willingness to work in partnership with our organisation to not only create a construction schedule to accommodate the needs of our guests but also their commitment to incorporate many of our suggestions into the design of the new venues. These resulting upgrades to the facility will truly benefit all conventions and further establish Los Angeles as industry leaders. We are glad we could come to an agreement that keeps E3 in its traditional home."
Next year's E3 is scheduled to take place between June the 11th and June the 13th.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year