Leaked Durango devkit for sale believed to be real
A development kit for Microsoft's next generation home console seems to have appeared for sale online.
The Durango devkit system seems to feature 8 GB of RAM, an eight-core 64-bit Intel processor, Nvidia graphics processor and supports DirectX 11 quite comfortably.
Industry sources believe that the machine itself is real and may feature as much as 12 GB in total although the claim that it has an eight-core processor has raised some eyebrows indicating that this may be untrue.
It is worth noting that if the machine is indeed real then it is an early development kit that will not represent exactly what Durango's final release specs will be. The Wii U, for instance, has changed a fair bit since it was revealed at E3 in 2011.
Thanks Digital Foundry.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3