Irrational demanding a high standard from new recruits
The latest recruitment advert from BioShock developer Irrational Games is a telling demonstration of the high standard they require of new recruits and how they measure it.
The advert originally stated that successful applicants will need to have been credited on at least one game with a Metacritic score of 85 percent or more.
Metacritic has been used as a measure of success before with some studios even having their bonuses decided by the scores their games receive on the aggregation site.
Famously Obsidian missed out on their bonus for Fallout: New Vegas because the game scored 84 percent on Metacritic and their threshold for the bonus payout was a Metacritic score of 85 percent.
Thanks Develop Online.
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront
- Activision announces details and a release date for Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below