Irrational demanding a high standard from new recruits
The latest recruitment advert from BioShock developer Irrational Games is a telling demonstration of the high standard they require of new recruits and how they measure it.
The advert originally stated that successful applicants will need to have been credited on at least one game with a Metacritic score of 85 percent or more.
Metacritic has been used as a measure of success before with some studios even having their bonuses decided by the scores their games receive on the aggregation site.
Famously Obsidian missed out on their bonus for Fallout: New Vegas because the game scored 84 percent on Metacritic and their threshold for the bonus payout was a Metacritic score of 85 percent.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3