Irrational demanding a high standard from new recruits
The latest recruitment advert from BioShock developer Irrational Games is a telling demonstration of the high standard they require of new recruits and how they measure it.
The advert originally stated that successful applicants will need to have been credited on at least one game with a Metacritic score of 85 percent or more.
Metacritic has been used as a measure of success before with some studios even having their bonuses decided by the scores their games receive on the aggregation site.
Famously Obsidian missed out on their bonus for Fallout: New Vegas because the game scored 84 percent on Metacritic and their threshold for the bonus payout was a Metacritic score of 85 percent.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan