Irrational demanding a high standard from new recruits
The latest recruitment advert from BioShock developer Irrational Games is a telling demonstration of the high standard they require of new recruits and how they measure it.
The advert originally stated that successful applicants will need to have been credited on at least one game with a Metacritic score of 85 percent or more.
Metacritic has been used as a measure of success before with some studios even having their bonuses decided by the scores their games receive on the aggregation site.
Famously Obsidian missed out on their bonus for Fallout: New Vegas because the game scored 84 percent on Metacritic and their threshold for the bonus payout was a Metacritic score of 85 percent.
Thanks Develop Online.
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent