Irrational demanding a high standard from new recruits
The latest recruitment advert from BioShock developer Irrational Games is a telling demonstration of the high standard they require of new recruits and how they measure it.
The advert originally stated that successful applicants will need to have been credited on at least one game with a Metacritic score of 85 percent or more.
Metacritic has been used as a measure of success before with some studios even having their bonuses decided by the scores their games receive on the aggregation site.
Famously Obsidian missed out on their bonus for Fallout: New Vegas because the game scored 84 percent on Metacritic and their threshold for the bonus payout was a Metacritic score of 85 percent.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching