Konami has high hopes for their new London PES studio
Konami has officially announced the opening of a London satellite studio to work on the Pro Evolution Soccer series.
The idea behind opening a London studio for the series, which is usually developed in Tokyo, is to connect better with the footballing culture that they are trying to recreate.
President of Konami, Shinji Hirano stated, These are hugely exciting times for the PES series. We are looking for a number of creative people who can help us elevate PES to whole new levels. As part of Konami's commitment to ensuring PES captures the majesty of European football, we are looking for people to help capture the very essence of the beautiful game and bring it to life."
While the London team doesn't actually exist yet Konami will begin recruiting for the new studio next month.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3