EA Canada takes control of the UFC franchise
EA Sports has announced which studio they have given control of the UFC franchise now they have acquired it from THQ.
EA Canada has plenty of experience under their belts having successfully guided the Fight Night franchise through Fight Night 3 and its 11 Best Fighting Games awards, introducing real-world physics and analogue fighting controls in Fight Night 4 and yet more awards including a BAFTA for Best Fighting Game for Fight Night Champion.
Creative director Brian Hayes enthused, "When we found out that EA and the UFC would be working together, the team was excited. Most of the team didn't even know about it until the announcement at E3. We were all watching it together and when Andrew Wilson and Dana White took the stage, everybody starting cheering. It was great."
"For me personally," he continued, "the UFC is something that I grew up with. I remember watching the first UFC events when I was a teenager and its amazing to see how they have evolved and flourished. Ultimately, we're huge fans, we think we have a great team and we are really excited to be taking on this new challenge. We look forward to bringing the UFC video game experience to new heights."
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny