EA Canada takes control of the UFC franchise
EA Sports has announced which studio they have given control of the UFC franchise now they have acquired it from THQ.
EA Canada has plenty of experience under their belts having successfully guided the Fight Night franchise through Fight Night 3 and its 11 Best Fighting Games awards, introducing real-world physics and analogue fighting controls in Fight Night 4 and yet more awards including a BAFTA for Best Fighting Game for Fight Night Champion.
Creative director Brian Hayes enthused, "When we found out that EA and the UFC would be working together, the team was excited. Most of the team didn't even know about it until the announcement at E3. We were all watching it together and when Andrew Wilson and Dana White took the stage, everybody starting cheering. It was great."
"For me personally," he continued, "the UFC is something that I grew up with. I remember watching the first UFC events when I was a teenager and its amazing to see how they have evolved and flourished. Ultimately, we're huge fans, we think we have a great team and we are really excited to be taking on this new challenge. We look forward to bringing the UFC video game experience to new heights."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3