EA Canada takes control of the UFC franchise
EA Sports has announced which studio they have given control of the UFC franchise now they have acquired it from THQ.
EA Canada has plenty of experience under their belts having successfully guided the Fight Night franchise through Fight Night 3 and its 11 Best Fighting Games awards, introducing real-world physics and analogue fighting controls in Fight Night 4 and yet more awards including a BAFTA for Best Fighting Game for Fight Night Champion.
Creative director Brian Hayes enthused, "When we found out that EA and the UFC would be working together, the team was excited. Most of the team didn't even know about it until the announcement at E3. We were all watching it together and when Andrew Wilson and Dana White took the stage, everybody starting cheering. It was great."
"For me personally," he continued, "the UFC is something that I grew up with. I remember watching the first UFC events when I was a teenager and its amazing to see how they have evolved and flourished. Ultimately, we're huge fans, we think we have a great team and we are really excited to be taking on this new challenge. We look forward to bringing the UFC video game experience to new heights."
- Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian driven out of her home by internet abuse
- Shadow Realms lead writer talks the inspiration behind the game's story
- PlayStation Allstars and Joe Danger headline September's PS Plus Instant Game Collection
- Titanfall will ge more cool free stuff after the last DLC but Respawn won't support it indefinitely
- Gauntlet release date pushed back
- Yakuza Zero announced for PS4 and PS3
- Escape Dead Island gets a release date, comes with guaranteed access to the Dead Island 2 beta
- Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls PC patch 2.1.0 arrives
- Next-gen and PC GTA V versions rumoured to be delayed into 2015