EA Canada takes control of the UFC franchise
EA Sports has announced which studio they have given control of the UFC franchise now they have acquired it from THQ.
EA Canada has plenty of experience under their belts having successfully guided the Fight Night franchise through Fight Night 3 and its 11 Best Fighting Games awards, introducing real-world physics and analogue fighting controls in Fight Night 4 and yet more awards including a BAFTA for Best Fighting Game for Fight Night Champion.
Creative director Brian Hayes enthused, "When we found out that EA and the UFC would be working together, the team was excited. Most of the team didn't even know about it until the announcement at E3. We were all watching it together and when Andrew Wilson and Dana White took the stage, everybody starting cheering. It was great."
"For me personally," he continued, "the UFC is something that I grew up with. I remember watching the first UFC events when I was a teenager and its amazing to see how they have evolved and flourished. Ultimately, we're huge fans, we think we have a great team and we are really excited to be taking on this new challenge. We look forward to bringing the UFC video game experience to new heights."
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes