Minecraft shifts 3 million on XBLA
Minecraft's runaway success has continued to roll on ever since its release on Xbox Live.
Mojang's addictive online playground has managed to sell over 3 million copies on Xbox Live alone taking the game's overall sales over the 10 million mark across PC, Xbox 360 and mobile.
This equates to the Swedish studio netting around 60 million USD from the Xbox Live version alone.
Minecraft managed to sell over 400,000 copies within 24 hours when it launched on XBLA on March the 9th.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3