Minecraft shifts 3 million on XBLA
Minecraft's runaway success has continued to roll on ever since its release on Xbox Live.
Mojang's addictive online playground has managed to sell over 3 million copies on Xbox Live alone taking the game's overall sales over the 10 million mark across PC, Xbox 360 and mobile.
This equates to the Swedish studio netting around 60 million USD from the Xbox Live version alone.
Minecraft managed to sell over 400,000 copies within 24 hours when it launched on XBLA on March the 9th.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer