Medal Of Honor Warfighter pre-order not the only way into the Battlefield 4 beta
EA has calmed community fears that the only way to get access to the Battlefield 4 beta is to pre-order Medal Of Honor Warfighter.
Taking to Reddit EA revealed that there would be other ways to get in on the Battlefield 4 beta as well as addressing some other concerns that the Battlefield community has voiced.
They explained, "We've been seeing a lot of concerns about the pacing of release (i.e. 'only' two years after BF3). I think it's worth noting that DICE has released a Battlefield game every two years or sooner and Mirror's Edge at least every two years. I truly believe that we're in one of the best positions to be creating our next title Frostbite 2 has matured, we've been gathering fan feedback like crazy, Battlefield 3 continues to expand with features which we can learn from, and we've got more data about how people play than ever."
"We will continue to support BF3," they continued, "DICE and EA are dedicated to continuing our support for Battlefield 3. Just as we've continued to support and maintain Bad Company 2, we intend to continue providing the best Battlefield 3 experience we can well into the future and past the release of End Game and Battlefield 4. There are several teams at DICE. Starting work on Battlefield 4 does not mean that we will be abandoning Battlefield 3 or working any less hard to bring you the best expansions we can."
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week
- New Heart Of Thorns expansion announced for Guild Wars 2
- Wikipedia arbitration committee bans five feminist editors from commenting on feminist articles over GamerGate
- Ubisoft in the process of deleting game keys fraudulently-acquired by resellers from UPlay
- Gearbox is now recruiting for developers to work on Borderlands 3
- DayZ passes the 3 million sales mark on Steam Early Access
- Planetside 2 sets a new Guinness World Record for the most players in an online FPS game
- Homeworld remasters look stunning, will be released next month
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network