Medal Of Honor Warfighter pre-order not the only way into the Battlefield 4 beta
EA has calmed community fears that the only way to get access to the Battlefield 4 beta is to pre-order Medal Of Honor Warfighter.
Taking to Reddit EA revealed that there would be other ways to get in on the Battlefield 4 beta as well as addressing some other concerns that the Battlefield community has voiced.
They explained, "We've been seeing a lot of concerns about the pacing of release (i.e. 'only' two years after BF3). I think it's worth noting that DICE has released a Battlefield game every two years or sooner and Mirror's Edge at least every two years. I truly believe that we're in one of the best positions to be creating our next title Frostbite 2 has matured, we've been gathering fan feedback like crazy, Battlefield 3 continues to expand with features which we can learn from, and we've got more data about how people play than ever."
"We will continue to support BF3," they continued, "DICE and EA are dedicated to continuing our support for Battlefield 3. Just as we've continued to support and maintain Bad Company 2, we intend to continue providing the best Battlefield 3 experience we can well into the future and past the release of End Game and Battlefield 4. There are several teams at DICE. Starting work on Battlefield 4 does not mean that we will be abandoning Battlefield 3 or working any less hard to bring you the best expansions we can."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3