Steam client coming to Linux with Left 4 Dead 2 as the first title
Valve has confirmed that they are working on a Steam client for the Linux-based operating system Ubuntu.
As a nice extra bonus they are also knocking up a Linux-compatible version of Left 4 Dead 2 to debut alongside the new client.
Valve has a team of 11 developers working on Linux compatibility and the current plan is to create a client that is fully compatible with Ubuntu as well as a version of Left 4 Dead 2 that works as well as the Windows version.
They haven't announced any kind of release dates yet but you can keep up with their progress at the Steam'd Penguins blog over on the Valve website.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III