Steam client coming to Linux with Left 4 Dead 2 as the first title
Valve has confirmed that they are working on a Steam client for the Linux-based operating system Ubuntu.
As a nice extra bonus they are also knocking up a Linux-compatible version of Left 4 Dead 2 to debut alongside the new client.
Valve has a team of 11 developers working on Linux compatibility and the current plan is to create a client that is fully compatible with Ubuntu as well as a version of Left 4 Dead 2 that works as well as the Windows version.
They haven't announced any kind of release dates yet but you can keep up with their progress at the Steam'd Penguins blog over on the Valve website.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light