Steam client coming to Linux with Left 4 Dead 2 as the first title
Valve has confirmed that they are working on a Steam client for the Linux-based operating system Ubuntu.
As a nice extra bonus they are also knocking up a Linux-compatible version of Left 4 Dead 2 to debut alongside the new client.
Valve has a team of 11 developers working on Linux compatibility and the current plan is to create a client that is fully compatible with Ubuntu as well as a version of Left 4 Dead 2 that works as well as the Windows version.
They haven't announced any kind of release dates yet but you can keep up with their progress at the Steam'd Penguins blog over on the Valve website.
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced
- Ever wonder what a week's worth of internet abuse looks like for Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian?
- The Witness's puzzles are finished but there is still plenty of work to be done on the game
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart
- Reptile is returning in Mortal Kombat X
- New Xbox One Controller firmware update will cut the connection time in half
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week