Battlefield 4 is in the works
Unsurprisingly EA have revealed in a sideways fashion that they are working on Battlefield 4.
They announced that they will be offering guaranteed access to the beta test of Battlefield 4 if they pre-order Medal Of Honor Warfighter.
Indications are that EA are trying to build Battlefield and Medal Of Honor into a double-act to put the pressure on Call Of Duty.
EA Labels boss Frank Gibeau said, "Though Battlefield and Medal of Honor Warfighter each offer players a completely unique experience, they are united by their underlying technology base Frostbite. These are two of the hottest shooters, coming together to deliver a one-two punch of action, intensity and shooter entertainment."
With rumours of new hardware announcements from Sony and Microsoft due next year and EA confirming that Frostbite 2 was made for the next generation of consoles Battlefield 4 could even be destined to arrive with one or both of these new beasts.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer