Battlefield 4 is in the works
Unsurprisingly EA have revealed in a sideways fashion that they are working on Battlefield 4.
They announced that they will be offering guaranteed access to the beta test of Battlefield 4 if they pre-order Medal Of Honor Warfighter.
Indications are that EA are trying to build Battlefield and Medal Of Honor into a double-act to put the pressure on Call Of Duty.
EA Labels boss Frank Gibeau said, "Though Battlefield and Medal of Honor Warfighter each offer players a completely unique experience, they are united by their underlying technology base Frostbite. These are two of the hottest shooters, coming together to deliver a one-two punch of action, intensity and shooter entertainment."
With rumours of new hardware announcements from Sony and Microsoft due next year and EA confirming that Frostbite 2 was made for the next generation of consoles Battlefield 4 could even be destined to arrive with one or both of these new beasts.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title