Battlefield 4 is in the works
Unsurprisingly EA have revealed in a sideways fashion that they are working on Battlefield 4.
They announced that they will be offering guaranteed access to the beta test of Battlefield 4 if they pre-order Medal Of Honor Warfighter.
Indications are that EA are trying to build Battlefield and Medal Of Honor into a double-act to put the pressure on Call Of Duty.
EA Labels boss Frank Gibeau said, "Though Battlefield and Medal of Honor Warfighter each offer players a completely unique experience, they are united by their underlying technology base Frostbite. These are two of the hottest shooters, coming together to deliver a one-two punch of action, intensity and shooter entertainment."
With rumours of new hardware announcements from Sony and Microsoft due next year and EA confirming that Frostbite 2 was made for the next generation of consoles Battlefield 4 could even be destined to arrive with one or both of these new beasts.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching