EA still wants to see a Kingdoms Of Amalur sequel
Despite the untimely demise of Kingdoms Of Amalur developer 38 Studios, EA is still keen to see the series continue.
EA Label's boss Frank Gibeau is very enthusiastic about Kingoms Of Amalur especially given that the first game debuted so strongly.
Gibeau explained, "I think it's unfortunate how everything worked out [for 38 Studios]. At the end of the day, we saw a lot of creativity and vision in the team that Curt [Schilling] put together. We thought the game was terrific. It reviewed well. We built a good business there and hope there's a sequel to it someday. We'd love to be a partner for that."
38 Studios recently filed for bankruptcy after it could not find the means to pay off a massive loan that it took out from the State of Rhode Island after relocating there.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3