EA still wants to see a Kingdoms Of Amalur sequel
Despite the untimely demise of Kingdoms Of Amalur developer 38 Studios, EA is still keen to see the series continue.
EA Label's boss Frank Gibeau is very enthusiastic about Kingoms Of Amalur especially given that the first game debuted so strongly.
Gibeau explained, "I think it's unfortunate how everything worked out [for 38 Studios]. At the end of the day, we saw a lot of creativity and vision in the team that Curt [Schilling] put together. We thought the game was terrific. It reviewed well. We built a good business there and hope there's a sequel to it someday. We'd love to be a partner for that."
38 Studios recently filed for bankruptcy after it could not find the means to pay off a massive loan that it took out from the State of Rhode Island after relocating there.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer