BioWare announces the return of Ultima as a free-to-play MMO
BioWare has revealed a brand new Ultima title they are working on to be launched as a free-to-play MMO.
Ultima Forever: Quest For The Avatar promises to plunge players back into the deeply engaging world of Britannia with BioWare bringing all their expertise in the RPG world of their Mythic studio to bring back Richard Garriot's classic series.
BioWare Mythic GM, Eugene Evans said, "As huge fans of the Ultima franchise, the team at BioWare Mythic is not only excited to be able to bring this reimagining of the original rich world to the fans of the classic RPGs, but also to introduce a new generation of gamers who have never had a chance to discover why this is one of our industrys most beloved worlds."
The new title will enter closed beta soon and anyone interested in getting their hands on the game early can sign up for the closed beta on the official website.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One