BioWare announces the return of Ultima as a free-to-play MMO
BioWare has revealed a brand new Ultima title they are working on to be launched as a free-to-play MMO.
Ultima Forever: Quest For The Avatar promises to plunge players back into the deeply engaging world of Britannia with BioWare bringing all their expertise in the RPG world of their Mythic studio to bring back Richard Garriot's classic series.
BioWare Mythic GM, Eugene Evans said, "As huge fans of the Ultima franchise, the team at BioWare Mythic is not only excited to be able to bring this reimagining of the original rich world to the fans of the classic RPGs, but also to introduce a new generation of gamers who have never had a chance to discover why this is one of our industrys most beloved worlds."
The new title will enter closed beta soon and anyone interested in getting their hands on the game early can sign up for the closed beta on the official website.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3