Rhianna Pratchett revealed as lead writer on Tomb Raider
Rhianna Pratchett the writer behind DICE's unique FPS Mirror's Edge has been announced as the lead writer on Crystal Dynamics' new Tomb Raider title.
After creating Mirror's Edge's main character Faith, Pratchett is excited about being given the opportunity to reinvent a character that she knows so well already in Lara Croft.
She said, "I grew up playing Tomb Raider, uncovering the world's secrets and unearthing its treasures; I have lived and died as Lara Croft, but nothing comes close to the challenge of re-writing her."
"Seldom do we get the opportunity to re-imagine and reinvent a legend," Pratchett enthused, "so getting my narrative hands on Miss Croft was a once-in-a-life-time opportunity. It was going back to the genesis of video game action heroines and exploring how to make such an iconic character meaningful and relatable for gamers today."
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update