Rhianna Pratchett revealed as lead writer on Tomb Raider
Rhianna Pratchett the writer behind DICE's unique FPS Mirror's Edge has been announced as the lead writer on Crystal Dynamics' new Tomb Raider title.
After creating Mirror's Edge's main character Faith, Pratchett is excited about being given the opportunity to reinvent a character that she knows so well already in Lara Croft.
She said, "I grew up playing Tomb Raider, uncovering the world's secrets and unearthing its treasures; I have lived and died as Lara Croft, but nothing comes close to the challenge of re-writing her."
"Seldom do we get the opportunity to re-imagine and reinvent a legend," Pratchett enthused, "so getting my narrative hands on Miss Croft was a once-in-a-life-time opportunity. It was going back to the genesis of video game action heroines and exploring how to make such an iconic character meaningful and relatable for gamers today."
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent