Rhianna Pratchett revealed as lead writer on Tomb Raider
Rhianna Pratchett the writer behind DICE's unique FPS Mirror's Edge has been announced as the lead writer on Crystal Dynamics' new Tomb Raider title.
After creating Mirror's Edge's main character Faith, Pratchett is excited about being given the opportunity to reinvent a character that she knows so well already in Lara Croft.
She said, "I grew up playing Tomb Raider, uncovering the world's secrets and unearthing its treasures; I have lived and died as Lara Croft, but nothing comes close to the challenge of re-writing her."
"Seldom do we get the opportunity to re-imagine and reinvent a legend," Pratchett enthused, "so getting my narrative hands on Miss Croft was a once-in-a-life-time opportunity. It was going back to the genesis of video game action heroines and exploring how to make such an iconic character meaningful and relatable for gamers today."
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch