Nintendo closes Kid Icarus studio Project Sora
The studio behind the Kid Icarus on the 3DS, Project Sora, has been dissolved.
Project Sora, headed by Masahiro Sakurai, lasted just three years and only produced one title which was the Kid Icarus 3DS reboot.
Sakurai is continuing to work with Nintendo and Namco Bandai on the Wii U and 3DS Super Smash Brothers games.
The studio's doors were closed on June the 30th.
- BioWare's David Gaider moves from Dragon Age to a new secret BioWare project
- Cross-Buy coming to Windows 10 and Xbox One staring with Zen Pinball FX2
- Bungie knew about Destiny's loot cave before launch
- This year's BAFTA Games Awards to stream live on Twitch, watch it here
- Harmonix confirms Rock Band 4 coming to next-gen consoles this year
- Wasteland 2 also coming to the PS4
- Block 'N' Load gets a final launch date
- Elite: Dangerous is a timed exclusive on the Xbox One, PS4 version is coming too
- Phil Harrison rumoured to be leaving Microsoft