Phantasy Star Online 2 destined for the West next year
SEGA has announced that the long-awaited installment of their popular online series Phantasy Star Online will arrive next year.
Phantasy Star Online 2 will be a free to play title and it promises to carry on the legacy left behind by the original Phantasy Star Online on the Dreamcast.
The game's producer, Satoshi Sakai said, "The number one thing we want to provide players in Phantasy Star Online 2 is an adventure that changes every time they log in. Just as great table-top RPG experiences revolve around imaginative and unexpected encounters, we want players to consistently be surprised as they explore dungeons and undertake quests."
It has also been reported that Phantasy Star Online 2 is also in the works for the PS Vita.
- Stealth Inc 2 is coming to PC, PlayStation and Xbox
- Frozenbyte announces Trine 3: Artifacts Of Power
- Epic has dropped the subscription fee for the Unreal Engine 4
- Rumour: DirectX 12 could allow mixing and matching of AMD and Nvidia GPUs
- No more online modes for Ridge Racer Unbounded in Europe
- Mortal Kombat X coming to mobiles as a free-to-play card battler
- EA announces details of Battlefield: Hardline Premium
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to hit PS4 and Xbox One in the summer
- Valve and HTC partner up for the new SteamVR device the Vive