Phantasy Star Online 2 destined for the West next year
SEGA has announced that the long-awaited installment of their popular online series Phantasy Star Online will arrive next year.
Phantasy Star Online 2 will be a free to play title and it promises to carry on the legacy left behind by the original Phantasy Star Online on the Dreamcast.
The game's producer, Satoshi Sakai said, "The number one thing we want to provide players in Phantasy Star Online 2 is an adventure that changes every time they log in. Just as great table-top RPG experiences revolve around imaginative and unexpected encounters, we want players to consistently be surprised as they explore dungeons and undertake quests."
It has also been reported that Phantasy Star Online 2 is also in the works for the PS Vita.
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May