Phantasy Star Online 2 destined for the West next year
SEGA has announced that the long-awaited installment of their popular online series Phantasy Star Online will arrive next year.
Phantasy Star Online 2 will be a free to play title and it promises to carry on the legacy left behind by the original Phantasy Star Online on the Dreamcast.
The game's producer, Satoshi Sakai said, "The number one thing we want to provide players in Phantasy Star Online 2 is an adventure that changes every time they log in. Just as great table-top RPG experiences revolve around imaginative and unexpected encounters, we want players to consistently be surprised as they explore dungeons and undertake quests."
It has also been reported that Phantasy Star Online 2 is also in the works for the PS Vita.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer