Rockstar Vancouver to be folded into Rockstar Toronto
Rockstar has announced that they will be closing their Vancouver Studio and moving the staff over to their new Toronto studio.
The team that made Max Payne 3 will be gradually shifted to a new facility that Rockstar have put together in Oakville, Ontario along with their colleagues from the old Rockstar Toronto studio.
Rockstar VP for Publishing and Operations, Jennifer Kolbe said, "Expanding Rockstar Toronto and bringing our Canadian development talent together under one roof underscores our commitment to building world-class teams that can make the kind of groundbreaking entertainment experiences Rockstar Games is known for."
She continued, "We believe a single Canadian team will make for a powerful creative force on future projects. We plan to add more than 50 new positions to our combined Canadian team, and are pleased to be entering into this strategic partnership with the Ontario government."
Thanks Develop Online.
- Singapore hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Darth Revan to make a return in Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Quake Live arrives on Steam
- Survivor mode to bring lots of extra content for Alien: Isolation
- Microsoft to release a special version of the Xbox One controller for PC
- Don't be fooled by the violins and sunflowers, The Evil Within's TGS trailer is scary
- 2K Games revives the NHL 2K franchise for mobiles
- Sledgehammer bringing a touch of Dead Space's immersive design to Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- 343 on the absence of Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach from the Master Chief Collection: We ran out of disc space