Spoof Twitter account Molydeux another reason for Molyneux leaving Microsoft
Peter Molyneux has revealed that the spoof Twitter account Molydeux was another influence on his decision to leave Microsoft.
Molydeux became famous for playing on Peter Molyneux's penchant for over-the-top concepts exploring the lighter side of game conceptualisation.
The former Lionhead boss said on his spoof, "Smart guy. I tell you one thing: he's far funnier, far more daring and far more engaging than I will ever be. He just comes up with an endless supply of amazing and incredible ideas."
"I think he's fantastic," Molyneux continued, "and I'd love to see some of those ideas turned into games. I hope he goes on going for a long time. And he's another reason why I left Microsoft. I have to tell you, he is. He was out there, and I was watching and laughing at his tweets probably harder than anyone. This guy, he can do all this stuff, he can be that free, he can explore these ideas like throwing babies into pits you couldn't do that with the corporate PR machine at Microsoft."
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront
- Activision announces details and a release date for Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below