Spoof Twitter account Molydeux another reason for Molyneux leaving Microsoft
Peter Molyneux has revealed that the spoof Twitter account Molydeux was another influence on his decision to leave Microsoft.
Molydeux became famous for playing on Peter Molyneux's penchant for over-the-top concepts exploring the lighter side of game conceptualisation.
The former Lionhead boss said on his spoof, "Smart guy. I tell you one thing: he's far funnier, far more daring and far more engaging than I will ever be. He just comes up with an endless supply of amazing and incredible ideas."
"I think he's fantastic," Molyneux continued, "and I'd love to see some of those ideas turned into games. I hope he goes on going for a long time. And he's another reason why I left Microsoft. I have to tell you, he is. He was out there, and I was watching and laughing at his tweets probably harder than anyone. This guy, he can do all this stuff, he can be that free, he can explore these ideas like throwing babies into pits you couldn't do that with the corporate PR machine at Microsoft."
- Fahrenheit remaster arrives on PC and iOS
- Feminist Frequency planning two new series for 2015
- Other Ocean's #IDARB and Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons heading to Xbox Live's Games With Gold next month
- Cupcakes unveiled by The Behemoth as a new unit in Game 4
- Battlefield: Hardline developer diary arrives, promises beta date tomorrow
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn gets a free-login weekend beginning Friday
- Sony dropping the Maps and YouTube apps from the PS Vita
- Unidentified Russian believed to responsible for distributing Ubisoft's deleted illegitemate game keys
- Dragon Age: Inquisition becomes BioWare's best-selling game yet