Democracy arrives on Steam with Greenlight
Valve has announced a brand new system they will be introducing to allow the community to help choose new releases for Steam.
Greenlight is a brand new system in which developers and publishers can post information and media about their new games in an effort to convince the community to decide what will be released on Steam.
It uses Steam Workshop to organise the content and let Steam users rate their content and leave feedback.
"Making the call to publish or not publish a title isn't fun. Many times opinions vary and our internal jury is hung on a decision. But with the introduction of the Steam Workshop we realized an opportunity to enlist the community's help as we review certain titles and, hopefully, increase the volume and quality of creative submissions," said Valve's Anna Sweet.
Greenlight will launch on Steam on August the 30th.
- Possible dates for the Steam Summer Sale appear online
- Rise Of The Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 doesn't appear in Square Enix's financials for this year
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week with new gear and rewards
- Titanfall developers Respawn won't be at E3 this year
- Destiny: Xur's location and stock for May 28th
- Destiny's Trials Of Osiris declared a success, Bungie bans cheaters
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer