Democracy arrives on Steam with Greenlight
Valve has announced a brand new system they will be introducing to allow the community to help choose new releases for Steam.
Greenlight is a brand new system in which developers and publishers can post information and media about their new games in an effort to convince the community to decide what will be released on Steam.
It uses Steam Workshop to organise the content and let Steam users rate their content and leave feedback.
"Making the call to publish or not publish a title isn't fun. Many times opinions vary and our internal jury is hung on a decision. But with the introduction of the Steam Workshop we realized an opportunity to enlist the community's help as we review certain titles and, hopefully, increase the volume and quality of creative submissions," said Valve's Anna Sweet.
Greenlight will launch on Steam on August the 30th.
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront
- Activision announces details and a release date for Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below