Democracy arrives on Steam with Greenlight
Valve has announced a brand new system they will be introducing to allow the community to help choose new releases for Steam.
Greenlight is a brand new system in which developers and publishers can post information and media about their new games in an effort to convince the community to decide what will be released on Steam.
It uses Steam Workshop to organise the content and let Steam users rate their content and leave feedback.
"Making the call to publish or not publish a title isn't fun. Many times opinions vary and our internal jury is hung on a decision. But with the introduction of the Steam Workshop we realized an opportunity to enlist the community's help as we review certain titles and, hopefully, increase the volume and quality of creative submissions," said Valve's Anna Sweet.
Greenlight will launch on Steam on August the 30th.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey