Metal Gear Solid gives the PS Vita a boost in Japan
The Metal Gear Solid HD Collection has given the PS Vita a healthy shot in the arm in Japan.
Sales of Sony's new handheld in Japan jumped up from 13,589 last week to 25,636 boosted by the launch of Konami's Metal Gear Solid HD Collection on the platform.
The game itself also did rather well debuting at eighth in the all-formats software charts and selling 20,139 units.
It is still a bit of a lonely marketplace for the Vita at the moment with Persona 4 Golden at number 13 being the only other Vita title in the top 30 charts.
- Sleeping Dogs follow-up Triad Wars is a PC-only online title
- Latest Destiny patch dials back the difficulty levels in some missions
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare co-op reveal dated for tomorrow
- Blizzard finally cans Titan
- The Xbox One is now cheaper than the PS4 in the UK
- Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies open beta is live now
- Ultima creator's new game Shroud Of The Avatar gets Greenlit on Steam in just 2 days
- Arrowhead's Gauntlet reboot arrives on PC
- We are now a Steam Curator