Metal Gear Solid gives the PS Vita a boost in Japan
The Metal Gear Solid HD Collection has given the PS Vita a healthy shot in the arm in Japan.
Sales of Sony's new handheld in Japan jumped up from 13,589 last week to 25,636 boosted by the launch of Konami's Metal Gear Solid HD Collection on the platform.
The game itself also did rather well debuting at eighth in the all-formats software charts and selling 20,139 units.
It is still a bit of a lonely marketplace for the Vita at the moment with Persona 4 Golden at number 13 being the only other Vita title in the top 30 charts.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title