Metal Gear Solid gives the PS Vita a boost in Japan
The Metal Gear Solid HD Collection has given the PS Vita a healthy shot in the arm in Japan.
Sales of Sony's new handheld in Japan jumped up from 13,589 last week to 25,636 boosted by the launch of Konami's Metal Gear Solid HD Collection on the platform.
The game itself also did rather well debuting at eighth in the all-formats software charts and selling 20,139 units.
It is still a bit of a lonely marketplace for the Vita at the moment with Persona 4 Golden at number 13 being the only other Vita title in the top 30 charts.
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May