Metal Gear Solid gives the PS Vita a boost in Japan
The Metal Gear Solid HD Collection has given the PS Vita a healthy shot in the arm in Japan.
Sales of Sony's new handheld in Japan jumped up from 13,589 last week to 25,636 boosted by the launch of Konami's Metal Gear Solid HD Collection on the platform.
The game itself also did rather well debuting at eighth in the all-formats software charts and selling 20,139 units.
It is still a bit of a lonely marketplace for the Vita at the moment with Persona 4 Golden at number 13 being the only other Vita title in the top 30 charts.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015