Metal Gear Solid gives the PS Vita a boost in Japan
The Metal Gear Solid HD Collection has given the PS Vita a healthy shot in the arm in Japan.
Sales of Sony's new handheld in Japan jumped up from 13,589 last week to 25,636 boosted by the launch of Konami's Metal Gear Solid HD Collection on the platform.
The game itself also did rather well debuting at eighth in the all-formats software charts and selling 20,139 units.
It is still a bit of a lonely marketplace for the Vita at the moment with Persona 4 Golden at number 13 being the only other Vita title in the top 30 charts.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light