Microsoft plays down the graphical capabilities of the Wii U
Microsoft has has indicated that they are not impressed with the power of the hardware behind the Wii U.
The corporate VP of Microsoft Studios Phil Spencer has stated that he firmly believes that the Wii U is no more powerful than the Xbox 360 graphically speaking.
"I think their Pro Controller makes a lot of sense with the platform they've built," Spencer began, talking about the Wii U's traditionally styled add-on controller. "They are building a platform that is effectively a 360 when you think of graphical capability."
This may have some benefits for Nintendo though in regaining some traction with core gamers. He continued, "Now they are really making an on-ramp for the back catalog of games that are on 360. It is easy for those games to move over to the Wii U. They've moved the buttons around, and they've made a controller that feels familiar for 360 gamers, so I get why they are putting those pieces together."
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag