Microsoft plays down the graphical capabilities of the Wii U
Microsoft has has indicated that they are not impressed with the power of the hardware behind the Wii U.
The corporate VP of Microsoft Studios Phil Spencer has stated that he firmly believes that the Wii U is no more powerful than the Xbox 360 graphically speaking.
"I think their Pro Controller makes a lot of sense with the platform they've built," Spencer began, talking about the Wii U's traditionally styled add-on controller. "They are building a platform that is effectively a 360 when you think of graphical capability."
This may have some benefits for Nintendo though in regaining some traction with core gamers. He continued, "Now they are really making an on-ramp for the back catalog of games that are on 360. It is easy for those games to move over to the Wii U. They've moved the buttons around, and they've made a controller that feels familiar for 360 gamers, so I get why they are putting those pieces together."
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light
- Don't Starve gets a release date for the Wii U
- Here's the trailer for the next episode of Telltale's Game Of Thrones
- Bloodborne will see DLC before the end of the year