Microsoft plays down the graphical capabilities of the Wii U
Microsoft has has indicated that they are not impressed with the power of the hardware behind the Wii U.
The corporate VP of Microsoft Studios Phil Spencer has stated that he firmly believes that the Wii U is no more powerful than the Xbox 360 graphically speaking.
"I think their Pro Controller makes a lot of sense with the platform they've built," Spencer began, talking about the Wii U's traditionally styled add-on controller. "They are building a platform that is effectively a 360 when you think of graphical capability."
This may have some benefits for Nintendo though in regaining some traction with core gamers. He continued, "Now they are really making an on-ramp for the back catalog of games that are on 360. It is easy for those games to move over to the Wii U. They've moved the buttons around, and they've made a controller that feels familiar for 360 gamers, so I get why they are putting those pieces together."
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date