Microsoft plays down the graphical capabilities of the Wii U
Microsoft has has indicated that they are not impressed with the power of the hardware behind the Wii U.
The corporate VP of Microsoft Studios Phil Spencer has stated that he firmly believes that the Wii U is no more powerful than the Xbox 360 graphically speaking.
"I think their Pro Controller makes a lot of sense with the platform they've built," Spencer began, talking about the Wii U's traditionally styled add-on controller. "They are building a platform that is effectively a 360 when you think of graphical capability."
This may have some benefits for Nintendo though in regaining some traction with core gamers. He continued, "Now they are really making an on-ramp for the back catalog of games that are on 360. It is easy for those games to move over to the Wii U. They've moved the buttons around, and they've made a controller that feels familiar for 360 gamers, so I get why they are putting those pieces together."
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto