Microsoft plays down the graphical capabilities of the Wii U
Microsoft has has indicated that they are not impressed with the power of the hardware behind the Wii U.
The corporate VP of Microsoft Studios Phil Spencer has stated that he firmly believes that the Wii U is no more powerful than the Xbox 360 graphically speaking.
"I think their Pro Controller makes a lot of sense with the platform they've built," Spencer began, talking about the Wii U's traditionally styled add-on controller. "They are building a platform that is effectively a 360 when you think of graphical capability."
This may have some benefits for Nintendo though in regaining some traction with core gamers. He continued, "Now they are really making an on-ramp for the back catalog of games that are on 360. It is easy for those games to move over to the Wii U. They've moved the buttons around, and they've made a controller that feels familiar for 360 gamers, so I get why they are putting those pieces together."
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer