Rumour: PS4 development began in 2010
Information has surfaced indicating that Sony has been working on the successor to the PS3 for around two years.
The information was uncovered on the LinkedIn CV of former Sony Computer Entertainment R and D director Attila Vass and stated that they have been working on their next generation of home console since 2010.
His CV explained, "In 1998 I started as the first engineer in the PlayStation US R&D. I worked on graphics (COLLADA, PSGL) and a lot of network related technologies (advertising, telemetry, PVRs) for the PlayStation2-x, PSP, Vita and Next Generation platforms. Platform security was occupying most of my time at the last years."
Vass left Sony in April of this year.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III