Rumour: PS4 development began in 2010
Information has surfaced indicating that Sony has been working on the successor to the PS3 for around two years.
The information was uncovered on the LinkedIn CV of former Sony Computer Entertainment R and D director Attila Vass and stated that they have been working on their next generation of home console since 2010.
His CV explained, "In 1998 I started as the first engineer in the PlayStation US R&D. I worked on graphics (COLLADA, PSGL) and a lot of network related technologies (advertising, telemetry, PVRs) for the PlayStation2-x, PSP, Vita and Next Generation platforms. Platform security was occupying most of my time at the last years."
Vass left Sony in April of this year.
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition