Rumour: PS4 development began in 2010
Information has surfaced indicating that Sony has been working on the successor to the PS3 for around two years.
The information was uncovered on the LinkedIn CV of former Sony Computer Entertainment R and D director Attila Vass and stated that they have been working on their next generation of home console since 2010.
His CV explained, "In 1998 I started as the first engineer in the PlayStation US R&D. I worked on graphics (COLLADA, PSGL) and a lot of network related technologies (advertising, telemetry, PVRs) for the PlayStation2-x, PSP, Vita and Next Generation platforms. Platform security was occupying most of my time at the last years."
Vass left Sony in April of this year.
- Stealth Inc 2 is coming to PC, PlayStation and Xbox
- Frozenbyte announces Trine 3: Artifacts Of Power
- Epic has dropped the subscription fee for the Unreal Engine 4
- Rumour: DirectX 12 could allow mixing and matching of AMD and Nvidia GPUs
- No more online modes for Ridge Racer Unbounded in Europe
- Mortal Kombat X coming to mobiles as a free-to-play card battler
- EA announces details of Battlefield: Hardline Premium
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to hit PS4 and Xbox One in the summer
- Valve and HTC partner up for the new SteamVR device the Vive