Rumour: PS4 development began in 2010
Information has surfaced indicating that Sony has been working on the successor to the PS3 for around two years.
The information was uncovered on the LinkedIn CV of former Sony Computer Entertainment R and D director Attila Vass and stated that they have been working on their next generation of home console since 2010.
His CV explained, "In 1998 I started as the first engineer in the PlayStation US R&D. I worked on graphics (COLLADA, PSGL) and a lot of network related technologies (advertising, telemetry, PVRs) for the PlayStation2-x, PSP, Vita and Next Generation platforms. Platform security was occupying most of my time at the last years."
Vass left Sony in April of this year.
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users
- Bungie releases the official Destiny launch gameplay trailer
- Codemasters releases a new Austria hotlap video for F1 2014
- Eden Hazard joins Lionel Messi on the cover of FIFA 15
- PS Vita getting a five-game Adventure Mega Pack hardware bundle
- Lords Of The Fallen has “a steep learning curve”
- PS4 trailer arrives for Dreamfall Chapters, and some screenshots too