NCSoft gives a release date for Guild Wars 2
Korean MMO giant NCSoft has given a release date for the latest MMO from ArenaNet, Guild Wars 2.
Guild Wars 2 has been eagerly awaited for some time now and promises a combination of action oriented combat, beautiful and dynamic environments and storylines and intense PvP gameplay on a potentially huge scale.
ArenaNet co-founder and president Mark O'Brien said, "We're offering gamers an experience that delivers on the promise of online gaming with a truly social experience in an immense, shared world. After five years of creation, development, and polish, announcing the launch date of Guild Wars 2 is a huge milestone for us, but the thing were most looking forward to is seeing gamers from all over the globe explore this world and begin creating their own stories."
Guild Wars 2 will launch on the PC on the 28th of August this year.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3