NCSoft gives a release date for Guild Wars 2
Korean MMO giant NCSoft has given a release date for the latest MMO from ArenaNet, Guild Wars 2.
Guild Wars 2 has been eagerly awaited for some time now and promises a combination of action oriented combat, beautiful and dynamic environments and storylines and intense PvP gameplay on a potentially huge scale.
ArenaNet co-founder and president Mark O'Brien said, "We're offering gamers an experience that delivers on the promise of online gaming with a truly social experience in an immense, shared world. After five years of creation, development, and polish, announcing the launch date of Guild Wars 2 is a huge milestone for us, but the thing were most looking forward to is seeing gamers from all over the globe explore this world and begin creating their own stories."
Guild Wars 2 will launch on the PC on the 28th of August this year.
- EA closes Maxis Emeryville
- Pillars Of Eternity is going to be massive
- Frontier is bringing Elite: Dangerous to the Xbox One this year
- Xbox One snags Wasteland 2
- Valve settles on a final design for the Steam Controller
- Elite creator David Braben to be honoured with this year's BAFTA Fellowship
- The date's out but Konami reveals the Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- New Steam Link hardware unveiled by Valve, Steam Controllers dated
- Valve announces the Source 2 engine