Resistance series passes into limbo
Sony has indicated that they have no current plans to continue with the Resistance series for now.
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe's Daniel Brooke said on the future of the series series, "The Resistance franchise has been exciting to work on but as for the future we have no definitive plans."
The most recent release in the series was the Vita title Resistance: Burning Skies which is the first true twin-stick FPS title to arrive on Sony's new handheld and was created by Nihilistic Studios.
Insomniac, the creators of the series said not long after the release of Resistance 3 last year that they would not be making any more games in the series.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One