Resistance series passes into limbo
Sony has indicated that they have no current plans to continue with the Resistance series for now.
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe's Daniel Brooke said on the future of the series series, "The Resistance franchise has been exciting to work on but as for the future we have no definitive plans."
The most recent release in the series was the Vita title Resistance: Burning Skies which is the first true twin-stick FPS title to arrive on Sony's new handheld and was created by Nihilistic Studios.
Insomniac, the creators of the series said not long after the release of Resistance 3 last year that they would not be making any more games in the series.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side