Resistance series passes into limbo
Sony has indicated that they have no current plans to continue with the Resistance series for now.
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe's Daniel Brooke said on the future of the series series, "The Resistance franchise has been exciting to work on but as for the future we have no definitive plans."
The most recent release in the series was the Vita title Resistance: Burning Skies which is the first true twin-stick FPS title to arrive on Sony's new handheld and was created by Nihilistic Studios.
Insomniac, the creators of the series said not long after the release of Resistance 3 last year that they would not be making any more games in the series.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer