Super Smash Bros in development with Namco Bandai
Namco Bandai have been given the opportunity to apply their fighting game expertise to Nintendo's Super Smash Bros series.
Developers from the Tekken and Soul Calibur teams with Soul Calibur veterans Yoshito Higuchi and Tetsuya Akatsuka heading up development.
Series creator Masahiro Sakurai elaborated, "The project has just gotten started. "Bear in mind that not only are we developing two titles simultaneously, but we announced the project before we even started actual development, so I'm afraid we will likely have to keep you waiting for quite a while. Please be patient."
He continued, "Currently, the prototype prepared by Namco Bandai Games and Namco Bandai Studio's special team looks pretty good, and it's working great. In order to take advantage of the fact that there will be versions for two different systems, and to maximise and offer fun new gameplay elements, the entire team is going to work hard together."
The new Super Smash Bros game will be released on Wii U and 3DS with some kind of cross compatibility hinted at by Sakurai.
Thanks Develop Online.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey