Super Smash Bros in development with Namco Bandai
Namco Bandai have been given the opportunity to apply their fighting game expertise to Nintendo's Super Smash Bros series.
Developers from the Tekken and Soul Calibur teams with Soul Calibur veterans Yoshito Higuchi and Tetsuya Akatsuka heading up development.
Series creator Masahiro Sakurai elaborated, "The project has just gotten started. "Bear in mind that not only are we developing two titles simultaneously, but we announced the project before we even started actual development, so I'm afraid we will likely have to keep you waiting for quite a while. Please be patient."
He continued, "Currently, the prototype prepared by Namco Bandai Games and Namco Bandai Studio's special team looks pretty good, and it's working great. In order to take advantage of the fact that there will be versions for two different systems, and to maximise and offer fun new gameplay elements, the entire team is going to work hard together."
The new Super Smash Bros game will be released on Wii U and 3DS with some kind of cross compatibility hinted at by Sakurai.
Thanks Develop Online.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light