Super Smash Bros in development with Namco Bandai
Namco Bandai have been given the opportunity to apply their fighting game expertise to Nintendo's Super Smash Bros series.
Developers from the Tekken and Soul Calibur teams with Soul Calibur veterans Yoshito Higuchi and Tetsuya Akatsuka heading up development.
Series creator Masahiro Sakurai elaborated, "The project has just gotten started. "Bear in mind that not only are we developing two titles simultaneously, but we announced the project before we even started actual development, so I'm afraid we will likely have to keep you waiting for quite a while. Please be patient."
He continued, "Currently, the prototype prepared by Namco Bandai Games and Namco Bandai Studio's special team looks pretty good, and it's working great. In order to take advantage of the fact that there will be versions for two different systems, and to maximise and offer fun new gameplay elements, the entire team is going to work hard together."
The new Super Smash Bros game will be released on Wii U and 3DS with some kind of cross compatibility hinted at by Sakurai.
Thanks Develop Online.
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015
- Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow producer Dave Cox parts ways with Konami
- Xenoblade Chronicles coming to the New 3DS
- Deep Silver teases a devilish Saints Row V reveal
- Nintendo announces two brand new upgraded 3DS models
- Microsoft announces Games With Gold selection for September