Cliff Bleszinski calls for games to be more challenging
Epic Games creative boss, Cliff Bleszinski has bemoaned the state of gaming at the moment proclaiming that most modern games are just not difficult enough.
Bleszinski explained that with the exception of Demon's Souls and Dark Souls which have claimed immense popularity because of the challenge they present, the current crop of games just become too easy.
He started off, "It feels like in this current console generation that we've taken a lot of steps to grow the audience and what I think has happened is that the games have become more linear and easier, so it feels like a lot of quick-time-events."
Bleszinski added, "The more I play games like that the more I turned off to them and just want to get back to systems interacting with systems, and get back to a game that, you know, when was the last time a game really challenged you and asked something of you, right?There's a reason why Demon Souls and Dark Souls have taken off lately. Its because they really require you actually try."
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter