Cliff Bleszinski calls for games to be more challenging
Epic Games creative boss, Cliff Bleszinski has bemoaned the state of gaming at the moment proclaiming that most modern games are just not difficult enough.
Bleszinski explained that with the exception of Demon's Souls and Dark Souls which have claimed immense popularity because of the challenge they present, the current crop of games just become too easy.
He started off, "It feels like in this current console generation that we've taken a lot of steps to grow the audience and what I think has happened is that the games have become more linear and easier, so it feels like a lot of quick-time-events."
Bleszinski added, "The more I play games like that the more I turned off to them and just want to get back to systems interacting with systems, and get back to a game that, you know, when was the last time a game really challenged you and asked something of you, right?There's a reason why Demon Souls and Dark Souls have taken off lately. Its because they really require you actually try."
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes