Cliff Bleszinski calls for games to be more challenging
Epic Games creative boss, Cliff Bleszinski has bemoaned the state of gaming at the moment proclaiming that most modern games are just not difficult enough.
Bleszinski explained that with the exception of Demon's Souls and Dark Souls which have claimed immense popularity because of the challenge they present, the current crop of games just become too easy.
He started off, "It feels like in this current console generation that we've taken a lot of steps to grow the audience and what I think has happened is that the games have become more linear and easier, so it feels like a lot of quick-time-events."
Bleszinski added, "The more I play games like that the more I turned off to them and just want to get back to systems interacting with systems, and get back to a game that, you know, when was the last time a game really challenged you and asked something of you, right?There's a reason why Demon Souls and Dark Souls have taken off lately. Its because they really require you actually try."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3