Cliff Bleszinski calls for games to be more challenging
Epic Games creative boss, Cliff Bleszinski has bemoaned the state of gaming at the moment proclaiming that most modern games are just not difficult enough.
Bleszinski explained that with the exception of Demon's Souls and Dark Souls which have claimed immense popularity because of the challenge they present, the current crop of games just become too easy.
He started off, "It feels like in this current console generation that we've taken a lot of steps to grow the audience and what I think has happened is that the games have become more linear and easier, so it feels like a lot of quick-time-events."
Bleszinski added, "The more I play games like that the more I turned off to them and just want to get back to systems interacting with systems, and get back to a game that, you know, when was the last time a game really challenged you and asked something of you, right?There's a reason why Demon Souls and Dark Souls have taken off lately. Its because they really require you actually try."
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny