Cliff Bleszinski calls for games to be more challenging
Epic Games creative boss, Cliff Bleszinski has bemoaned the state of gaming at the moment proclaiming that most modern games are just not difficult enough.
Bleszinski explained that with the exception of Demon's Souls and Dark Souls which have claimed immense popularity because of the challenge they present, the current crop of games just become too easy.
He started off, "It feels like in this current console generation that we've taken a lot of steps to grow the audience and what I think has happened is that the games have become more linear and easier, so it feels like a lot of quick-time-events."
Bleszinski added, "The more I play games like that the more I turned off to them and just want to get back to systems interacting with systems, and get back to a game that, you know, when was the last time a game really challenged you and asked something of you, right?There's a reason why Demon Souls and Dark Souls have taken off lately. Its because they really require you actually try."
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent