Cliff Bleszinski calls for games to be more challenging
Epic Games creative boss, Cliff Bleszinski has bemoaned the state of gaming at the moment proclaiming that most modern games are just not difficult enough.
Bleszinski explained that with the exception of Demon's Souls and Dark Souls which have claimed immense popularity because of the challenge they present, the current crop of games just become too easy.
He started off, "It feels like in this current console generation that we've taken a lot of steps to grow the audience and what I think has happened is that the games have become more linear and easier, so it feels like a lot of quick-time-events."
Bleszinski added, "The more I play games like that the more I turned off to them and just want to get back to systems interacting with systems, and get back to a game that, you know, when was the last time a game really challenged you and asked something of you, right?There's a reason why Demon Souls and Dark Souls have taken off lately. Its because they really require you actually try."
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One