Claude Giroux wins the fan vote to front NHL 13
EA and NHL.com have unveiled Claude Giroux as the new cover star for NHL 13 as vote for by the fans on NHL.com.
Giroux, a forward for the Philadelphia Flyers beat off Nashville Predators shot-stopper Pekka Rinne by a margin of less than one percent with over 26 million votes cast in all.
The Flyers star said, "The support fans have given me throughout the campaign has been unbelievable. I am very excited to be on the cover of NHL 13 and I want to thank everyone who campaigned and voted for me - especially my teammates, the Flyers organization, and of course all the NHL fans who voted and tweeted."
NHL 13 arrives on September the 11th in North America and September the 14th in Europe.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3