Claude Giroux wins the fan vote to front NHL 13
EA and NHL.com have unveiled Claude Giroux as the new cover star for NHL 13 as vote for by the fans on NHL.com.
Giroux, a forward for the Philadelphia Flyers beat off Nashville Predators shot-stopper Pekka Rinne by a margin of less than one percent with over 26 million votes cast in all.
The Flyers star said, "The support fans have given me throughout the campaign has been unbelievable. I am very excited to be on the cover of NHL 13 and I want to thank everyone who campaigned and voted for me - especially my teammates, the Flyers organization, and of course all the NHL fans who voted and tweeted."
NHL 13 arrives on September the 11th in North America and September the 14th in Europe.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year