EA excited by the potential of SmartGlass
EA's Frank Gibeau has been evangelising on the potential of Microsoft's new SmartGlass smartphone and tablet integration for the Xbox 360.
Not only is EA totally sold on the technology that SmartGlass provides Gibeau believes that it will really help Microsoft put a squeeze on what Nintendo are trying to do with the Wii U.
Gibeau kicks off, "We love SmartGlass. I think it's a killer initiative. I really like it a lot. It ties into what we're trying to do as a company. What we're trying to do as a developer of games is - we're looking at multi-screen environments as being really key in what's happening in gaming. You play games on your mobile. You play games on your PC. You play games on your console. So giving people more access points through multiple screens is a great thing."
"It does definitely put positioning pressure on Nintendo because you don't have to buy a new system. Most likely, you already have a smartphone and you already have a 360, so it does a really good job of positioning for the platform and we're very excited about it," he added.
SmartGlass and IE integration arrives on the Xbox 360 Dashboard this coming autumn.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light