EA excited by the potential of SmartGlass
EA's Frank Gibeau has been evangelising on the potential of Microsoft's new SmartGlass smartphone and tablet integration for the Xbox 360.
Not only is EA totally sold on the technology that SmartGlass provides Gibeau believes that it will really help Microsoft put a squeeze on what Nintendo are trying to do with the Wii U.
Gibeau kicks off, "We love SmartGlass. I think it's a killer initiative. I really like it a lot. It ties into what we're trying to do as a company. What we're trying to do as a developer of games is - we're looking at multi-screen environments as being really key in what's happening in gaming. You play games on your mobile. You play games on your PC. You play games on your console. So giving people more access points through multiple screens is a great thing."
"It does definitely put positioning pressure on Nintendo because you don't have to buy a new system. Most likely, you already have a smartphone and you already have a 360, so it does a really good job of positioning for the platform and we're very excited about it," he added.
SmartGlass and IE integration arrives on the Xbox 360 Dashboard this coming autumn.
- Team Junkfish's procedural survival horror Monstrum to return to Steam Early Access
- Miyamoto: Next Mario game might not arrive until Nintendo releases a new console
- Final Fantasy trailer drop continues with a new look at Final Fantasy XV
- New Final Fantasy Type-0 HD trailer drops
- Activision gives a first look at the new Exo Zombies mode for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- Rockstar announces a Christmas bumper bonanza for GTA Online
- Hazelight to use the Unreal Engine 4 for their first game
- 343 Industries to offer Halo: ODST remastered campaign to apologise for Halo: The Master Chief Collection multiplayer problems
- Court rules that lawsuit against Sony over Killzone: Shadow Fall's 1080p claims