EA excited by the potential of SmartGlass
EA's Frank Gibeau has been evangelising on the potential of Microsoft's new SmartGlass smartphone and tablet integration for the Xbox 360.
Not only is EA totally sold on the technology that SmartGlass provides Gibeau believes that it will really help Microsoft put a squeeze on what Nintendo are trying to do with the Wii U.
Gibeau kicks off, "We love SmartGlass. I think it's a killer initiative. I really like it a lot. It ties into what we're trying to do as a company. What we're trying to do as a developer of games is - we're looking at multi-screen environments as being really key in what's happening in gaming. You play games on your mobile. You play games on your PC. You play games on your console. So giving people more access points through multiple screens is a great thing."
"It does definitely put positioning pressure on Nintendo because you don't have to buy a new system. Most likely, you already have a smartphone and you already have a 360, so it does a really good job of positioning for the platform and we're very excited about it," he added.
SmartGlass and IE integration arrives on the Xbox 360 Dashboard this coming autumn.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny