We built Frostbite 2 for the next generation says EA
EA is promising very good things from their Frostbite 2 game engine in the future especially when the next generation of consoles arrives.
The VP of EA Games Patrick Soderlund explained that Battlefield 3 is only the tip of the iceberg as far as what Frostbite 2 is capable of.
Soderlund stated, "Frostbite 2 was built for the next generation. That's how we started it."
He continued, "We had that in mind and we said, 'We're going to have to build something that can scale.' It doesn't mean that what you see in Battlefield 3 is the end state. That's the beginning; that's where we start and then we go forward. But we have a tech base that makes me feel really confident in how we're positioned for what's going to come in the future."
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date