We built Frostbite 2 for the next generation says EA
EA is promising very good things from their Frostbite 2 game engine in the future especially when the next generation of consoles arrives.
The VP of EA Games Patrick Soderlund explained that Battlefield 3 is only the tip of the iceberg as far as what Frostbite 2 is capable of.
Soderlund stated, "Frostbite 2 was built for the next generation. That's how we started it."
He continued, "We had that in mind and we said, 'We're going to have to build something that can scale.' It doesn't mean that what you see in Battlefield 3 is the end state. That's the beginning; that's where we start and then we go forward. But we have a tech base that makes me feel really confident in how we're positioned for what's going to come in the future."
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today
- Evolve's first load of DLC arrives today for Xbox One
- Lords Of The Fallen exec producer confirms a sequel is in production
- Pacman takes over Google Maps
- Techland warns of contaminated Antizin hitting Dying Light tomorrow
- Speedrunner beats Bloodborne in just 44 minutes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May