We built Frostbite 2 for the next generation says EA
EA is promising very good things from their Frostbite 2 game engine in the future especially when the next generation of consoles arrives.
The VP of EA Games Patrick Soderlund explained that Battlefield 3 is only the tip of the iceberg as far as what Frostbite 2 is capable of.
Soderlund stated, "Frostbite 2 was built for the next generation. That's how we started it."
He continued, "We had that in mind and we said, 'We're going to have to build something that can scale.' It doesn't mean that what you see in Battlefield 3 is the end state. That's the beginning; that's where we start and then we go forward. But we have a tech base that makes me feel really confident in how we're positioned for what's going to come in the future."
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title