Sony: PS3 and PS Vita is a better prospect than the Wii U
Sony has stated honestly that they believe the combination of the PS3 and PS Vita has far more potential than the Wii U.
VP of Sony Worldwide Studios, Scott Rohde, explained that the Vita with its own powerful processor has far more possibilities than the Wii U's tablet controller.
"Because we have the Vita, I think we can do a lot of special things. And remember, that Wii U tablet doesn't have a processor in it, so it's got to be fuelled by that box sitting under your TV," said Rohde.
"We can do some pretty special things that you'll start to see on the floor this year," he continued, "and you'll see more over the upcoming months about what you can do when you actually have a processor in the thing that's in your hand as well."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3