Anarchy Reigns delayed again, Platinum not pleased
SEGA has delayed Platinum Games' new shooter Anarchy Reigns Western release again holding the game back until the beginning of next year.
Atsushi Inaba, boss of Platinum Games used Twitter to make it clear that the game was entirely finished and the ongoing delays were not due to development issues on their end.
He began, "I wanted to make official comment on the Western release of Anarchy Reigns. First of all, we are done with all international versions of Anarchy Reigns. The delay is not due to further development on the game."
"Also, even though the release dates will be different, the content of both the Japanese and Western versions will be 100 percent the same," Inaba-san continued. "There's some concern that this will push back the Japanese release date. It will not. The game will be released in Japan on July 5, 2012. Finally, I want to sincerely apologize to all the fans worldwide for all the confusion this situation has caused. Even though we are the game's developers, we can only do so much about this..."
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced
- Ever wonder what a week's worth of internet abuse looks like for Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian?
- The Witness's puzzles are finished but there is still plenty of work to be done on the game
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart
- Reptile is returning in Mortal Kombat X
- New Xbox One Controller firmware update will cut the connection time in half
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week