Anarchy Reigns delayed again, Platinum not pleased
SEGA has delayed Platinum Games' new shooter Anarchy Reigns Western release again holding the game back until the beginning of next year.
Atsushi Inaba, boss of Platinum Games used Twitter to make it clear that the game was entirely finished and the ongoing delays were not due to development issues on their end.
He began, "I wanted to make official comment on the Western release of Anarchy Reigns. First of all, we are done with all international versions of Anarchy Reigns. The delay is not due to further development on the game."
"Also, even though the release dates will be different, the content of both the Japanese and Western versions will be 100 percent the same," Inaba-san continued. "There's some concern that this will push back the Japanese release date. It will not. The game will be released in Japan on July 5, 2012. Finally, I want to sincerely apologize to all the fans worldwide for all the confusion this situation has caused. Even though we are the game's developers, we can only do so much about this..."
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer