Revolution preparing to announce Broken Sword 5?
Revolution Software boss and point-and-click adventure luminary Charles Cecil has said that they are gearing up to reveal their first fully new game in eight years.
The really good news is that this will be the next game in the Broken Sword series and they will be taking the series back to its two-dimensional roots.
Cecil began, "We've risked the frustration of the fans. They know that we're writing a new game. We're going to be announcing it with a fanfare."
"When you move to 3D it changes the essence," he elaborated. "With 2D the game feels like a classic adventure. But in our next game we will use 3D where appropriate. Visually in 2D we can go for a '2D look'. Layout artists bend perspective to suit a mood, whereas the 3D camera is literal."
The game will be a retail release for PC, Mac, iOS and Android but they've not ruled out console versions of the game. The announcement is due some time in July.
Thanks Edge Online.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title