Revolution preparing to announce Broken Sword 5?
Revolution Software boss and point-and-click adventure luminary Charles Cecil has said that they are gearing up to reveal their first fully new game in eight years.
The really good news is that this will be the next game in the Broken Sword series and they will be taking the series back to its two-dimensional roots.
Cecil began, "We've risked the frustration of the fans. They know that we're writing a new game. We're going to be announcing it with a fanfare."
"When you move to 3D it changes the essence," he elaborated. "With 2D the game feels like a classic adventure. But in our next game we will use 3D where appropriate. Visually in 2D we can go for a '2D look'. Layout artists bend perspective to suit a mood, whereas the 3D camera is literal."
The game will be a retail release for PC, Mac, iOS and Android but they've not ruled out console versions of the game. The announcement is due some time in July.
Thanks Edge Online.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year