Revolution preparing to announce Broken Sword 5?
Revolution Software boss and point-and-click adventure luminary Charles Cecil has said that they are gearing up to reveal their first fully new game in eight years.
The really good news is that this will be the next game in the Broken Sword series and they will be taking the series back to its two-dimensional roots.
Cecil began, "We've risked the frustration of the fans. They know that we're writing a new game. We're going to be announcing it with a fanfare."
"When you move to 3D it changes the essence," he elaborated. "With 2D the game feels like a classic adventure. But in our next game we will use 3D where appropriate. Visually in 2D we can go for a '2D look'. Layout artists bend perspective to suit a mood, whereas the 3D camera is literal."
The game will be a retail release for PC, Mac, iOS and Android but they've not ruled out console versions of the game. The announcement is due some time in July.
Thanks Edge Online.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer