Revolution preparing to announce Broken Sword 5?
Revolution Software boss and point-and-click adventure luminary Charles Cecil has said that they are gearing up to reveal their first fully new game in eight years.
The really good news is that this will be the next game in the Broken Sword series and they will be taking the series back to its two-dimensional roots.
Cecil began, "We've risked the frustration of the fans. They know that we're writing a new game. We're going to be announcing it with a fanfare."
"When you move to 3D it changes the essence," he elaborated. "With 2D the game feels like a classic adventure. But in our next game we will use 3D where appropriate. Visually in 2D we can go for a '2D look'. Layout artists bend perspective to suit a mood, whereas the 3D camera is literal."
The game will be a retail release for PC, Mac, iOS and Android but they've not ruled out console versions of the game. The announcement is due some time in July.
Thanks Edge Online.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light