Revolution preparing to announce Broken Sword 5?
Revolution Software boss and point-and-click adventure luminary Charles Cecil has said that they are gearing up to reveal their first fully new game in eight years.
The really good news is that this will be the next game in the Broken Sword series and they will be taking the series back to its two-dimensional roots.
Cecil began, "We've risked the frustration of the fans. They know that we're writing a new game. We're going to be announcing it with a fanfare."
"When you move to 3D it changes the essence," he elaborated. "With 2D the game feels like a classic adventure. But in our next game we will use 3D where appropriate. Visually in 2D we can go for a '2D look'. Layout artists bend perspective to suit a mood, whereas the 3D camera is literal."
The game will be a retail release for PC, Mac, iOS and Android but they've not ruled out console versions of the game. The announcement is due some time in July.
Thanks Edge Online.
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side
- Wonder what Zombie mode looks like for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare? Here's a trailer
- Xbox 360 Titanfall players getting a massive update next week
- Ubisoft pulls the Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass, offering free DLC and games to apologize for the problems with the game
- Dark Souls migration over to Steam delayed into next month now
- Sony to give partial refunds to PS Vita early adopters over misleading launch advertising
- And here's the goodies that Games With Gold will get you in December
- Nival announces beta access and a massive gun for pre-ordering Blitzkrieg 3
- Evolve developers promise that all map DLC will be free